Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #1

645D Instruction Manual in English Language?

Does anyone out there have an English Language Manual? If so, could I pay for all expences to get a copy? It would really help me out, as I ordered from a dealer in Hong Kong. He told me the menues were in English, but the manual is in Japanese. Unfortunately, my English isn't always that great, let alone Japanese. Appreciate in advance if someone can help me out. I would be most happy to share my experiences as I go through the learning curve. To the interest of some, I have a bunch of manual focus lenses: 35mm f3.5, 45mm f2.8, 55mm f2.8, 75mm f2.8 and 80~160. Also FA 45~85 and 200 f4. I am very anxious to try the legacy lenses, especially the MF ones.
Thanks again
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ USA

12-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
doesn't appear to be available yet i checked pentax canada and pentax US
the US site has a spot for it just no file yet
pentax canada doesn't have it up yet at all in the support section
12-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Until further you could perhaps use the K-5 manual - the cameras are much alike when it comes to menus and shooting modes:

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-5.pdf
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Until further you could perhaps use the K-5 manual - the cameras are much alike when it comes to menus and shooting modes:

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-5.pdf
Great idea Ole! Thank You
Dave

12-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well I took delivery of my 645D on Friday

It comes with 2 manuals, something to watch for when trying to get copipes:
- an Owners Manual with the basics of what the physical buttons and switches do, and
- an Opertaors Manual specifically for the menu options.
...... think I've got those terms correct with Owner and Operator, if not it's still 2 different manuals.

I was dissapointed to see the manuals weren't on the disc with the Pentax Utility software

With the international release models getting out there now - hopefully some on-line manuals won't be far behind. If not, I'll see what I can do ..... maybe some hi-res example images from the 645D that just happen to be of certain pages from the manual

Is there any particular section/area you're struggling with?

Last edited by Warped; 12-05-2010 at 07:38 PM.
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you. One of the gentleman on this forum has offered to make me a copy. I agree, Pentax should make a down loadable version on their site.
Thanks again
Dave
12-06-2010, 04:39 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
Well I took delivery of my 645D on Friday
Congratulations!
It comes with 2 manuals, something to watch for when trying to get copipes:
- an Owners Manual with the basics of what the physical buttons and switches do, and
- an Opertaors Manual specifically for the menu options.
Were they in English?
Or in Japan?

12-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by managger Quote
Congratulations!

Were they in English?
Or in Japan?
Thanks

I ordered mine through a local shop and it's an International release version that's gone through the formal Pentax importer/distributor for Australia (C.R Kennedy's) before going to my shop - all the documentation for mine is in English.

Cheers,

Wayne.
12-06-2010, 05:14 AM   #9
Forum Member

Thanks
all the documentation for mine is in English.
Wow!
Somebody has English manual!
You are the first one, who tell us about it.

Well, they started 645D in Japan from 11 of June and with two books in Japan only.
Then on 16 of July they put pdf versions of these two books in Japan - on their site:
?????????????????????&?????PENTAX

If you have printed version in English - may be they'll put pdf in English nearly Christmas for all of us
12-06-2010, 06:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by managger Quote
Wow!
Somebody has English manual!
You are the first one, who tell us about it.

Well, they started 645D in Japan from 11 of June and with two books in Japan only.
Then on 16 of July they put pdf versions of these two books in Japan - on their site:
?????????????????????&?????PENTAX

If you have printed version in English - may be they'll put pdf in English nearly Christmas for all of us
Hopefully they will - I was hoping there would be pdf versions on the disc, but no such luck and haven't found a download in English anywhere. I'll bet once the 645D hits America over the next month or so something will pop up.
12-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #11

Original Poster
Hopefully they will - I was hoping there would be pdf versions on the disc, but no such luck and haven't found a download in English anywhere. I'll bet once the 645D hits America over the next month or so something will pop up.

I sure hope so. My international (imported from Japan) hit JFK Airport today and it should be to me soon (I live in South Jersey-about 90 miles away). I really need an English Manual badly!
Dave
12-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #12

Original Poster
645D Japanese version came today, complet with User Manuals in Japanese. I know I cannot take advantage of all the bells & whistles until I get English manuals, but just playing with the buttons I think I have the basics, such formatting the card, selecting single center auto focus spot, metering method etc. I have two FA lenses, all the otheres are manual. I was able to properly expose several RAW shots with manual, Aperature preffered, and shutter prefered with both the manual and auto focus lenses. Looking at the histograms of some test grab shots, I heve dialed in +.7 exposure. It was a grey low contrast day, so the plus setting may not be needed in bright sun light.
Thanks
Dave
QuoteOriginally posted by gurtch Quote
I sure hope so. My international (imported from Japan) hit JFK Airport today and it should be to me soon (I live in South Jersey-about 90 miles away). I really need an English Manual badly!
Dave
12-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #13

Original Poster
I want to publically thank a real Canadian Gentleman who went to considerable time and work to scan the English Menu Reference Manual, put into PDF format, and send to me. What a beautiful Christmas present to take to Arizona Christmas day (from cold NJ) to see kids & grandkids. His user ID here is "aeros"; hope I do not embarass him, but his real name is Richard C. Jones. There still are very kind, helpful people in this world.
Merry Christmas all....
Dave
www.modernpictorials.com
12-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would love to have the same document - it would be great help to me. Is there any chance perhaps of emailing it on to me please (or is that taking liberties)?
12-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gurtch Quote
I want to publically thank a real Canadian Gentleman who went to considerable time and work to scan the English Menu Reference Manual, put into PDF format, and send to me.
Please share it !
Many people will thank you.
Can you e-mail it to my adress: managger76@gmail.com