Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Raybo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 871
DP 645D images

For your viewing pleasure!

http://www.*************/news/1012/10120308pentax645d.asp

12-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Raybo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 871
Original Poster
Blocked?

Oh well!
12-03-2010, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member
Raybo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 871
Original Poster
Okee dokee!

I poked around PF (I found it in the general forum) and figured out why my link was blocked, and it looks a little asinine to me.

Two wrongs DO NOT make a right in my book!

Cheers,
Ray
12-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 8,935
QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
Blocked?
Just change it a bit, like so:

http://www.dpreview. com/news/1012/10120308pentax645d.asp

A simple click doesn't work anymore and the "ref" information back to PF will not be added automatically, but that's how it is supposed to be right now.

I agree that fighting fire with fire isn't the best of ideas.

12-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 336
QuoteQuote:
The $10,000 camera is the highest resolution camera ever to be pointed at our test subjects and its huge 44x33mm sensor has certainly done an impressive job.
Indeed. The comparison images from other bodies looked kinda shabby when placed side by side.
12-04-2010, 03:26 AM   #6
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
They are enthousiastick so that is a good thing. I hope they will do a full review, but they are currently very busy wit all the new camera's on the market.
12-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 581
Wow, blown away by the massive amount of detail. I used to lust after the D3X but this is something completely new. It makes everything else look.... rubbish.

Expensive, but you certainly get a lot of awesomeness.
12-04-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden, Umea
Posts: 869
645D makes everything else look like crap

Imaging Resource "Comparometer" Digital Camera Image Comparison Page

12-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #9
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9
QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
Yeah, that did me in - I'm gonna have to get a 645D now. I love my D3x(es), but man, that's a significant difference in detail for a landscape shooter!
12-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 336
QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
Two wrongs DO NOT make a right in my book!
I don't want to derail this thread, but I'd be doing the same thing if I were running this site. "Tit for tat" is a highly effective strategy in game theory:

Tit for tat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In other words, start off being nice, and continue being nice to those who are nice to you. But stop being nice to those who stop being nice to you.
12-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #11
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 8,935
QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
I don't want to derail this thread, but I'd be doing the same thing if I were running this site. "Tit for tat" is a highly effective strategy in game theory:
If you are the 800-pound gorilla then trampling everything to death you don't like is also a highly effective strategy to make sure things run your way.

Civilised societies have chosen different paths of dealing with conflicts. It's not the law of the jungle or the most effective game strategy independently of moral merit that rules.

"Eye for an eye" is suggested by the old testament.
The new testament proposes to "offer the other cheek".
I guess Jesus was a loser if he didn't use "tit for tat"?
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 336
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
If you are the 800-pound gorilla then trampling everything to death you don't like is also a highly effective strategy to make sure things run your way.

Civilised societies have chosen different paths of dealing with conflicts. It's not the law of the jungle or the most effective game strategy independently of moral merit that rules.

"Eye for an eye" is suggested by the old testament.
The new testament proposes to "offer the other cheek".
I guess Jesus was a loser if he didn't use "tit for tat"?

Sheesh, calm down. I don't operate like this in my personal affairs ... not by a long shot. I think we all agree that the way that we act with our loved ones and even those personal acquaintances that we are moderately well disposed to should not be based on such cold-hearted calculations.

But the 800 pound gorilla here is DPR, and it is indeed trying to trample the other photography sites. So the best thing for the other photography sites is, as I say, to employ a tit-for-tat strategy. That is, allow links to those sites that allow links to you, and deny links to those sites that deny links to you. That's all.

If this strategy were consistently pursued, we should find a gradual drift away from the DPR forums, since they would in all likelihood have no links to or from other photography sites. Moreover, the other photography sites would all benefit from the free and open sharing of tips and information with links to and from each others' sites.
12-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,845
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Just change it a bit, like so:

http://www.dpreview. com/news/1012/10120308pentax645d.asp

A simple click doesn't work anymore and the "ref" information back to PF will not be added automatically, but that's how it is supposed to be right now.

I agree that fighting fire with fire isn't the best of ideas.
I really like the smooth tonal difference and change. The DR is always looking very good in real life situations
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #14
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 8,935
QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
So the best thing for the other photography sites is, as I say, to employ a tit-for-tat strategy.
Doesn't make sense to me. DPR does something wrong (it blocks links). If you retaliate by doing the very same thing, how can you claim that you are the better forum? If you do a "tit" for a "tat" then you are just descending to the same low level that you took issue with.

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
If this strategy were consistently pursued, we should find a gradual drift away from the DPR forums, since they would in all likelihood have no links to or from other photography sites.
DPR forums will always be popular even if no other forum linked to them. DPR runs reviews for all brands and thus gets high traffic. It will pop up in Google searches no matter whether PF blocks them or not. The DPR forum experience is horrible and still people use it. There is a snowball's chance in hell that DPR forums will dry out because forums like PF block them.

Also, note that automatic blocking and preventing from links being posted and followed are two different things. Posters at DPR always posted links to PF using one method or the other. The main thing that automatic blocking achieves is a) annoy forum users and b) prevent tracking from where the link was made.
12-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 581
QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by steve perry Quote
Yeah, that did me in - I'm gonna have to get a 645D now. I love my D3x(es), but man, that's a significant difference in detail for a landscape shooter!
Uhhhm, woah. I think that settles it for me; if I start to sell landscapes on a regular basis then I might press the button on one of these badboys. Fully sealed medium-format with that quality? Yes please!

Regarding the rest of the thread surrounding DPR / PF, I took a couple of weeks away hoping that this petulant chat would have blown over. Sadly not; can we not forget about it now?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, medium format
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Pentax 645D images Chris Willson Pentax Medium Format 14 09-02-2010 09:42 PM
Pentax 645D images! Chris Willson Pentax Medium Format 19 07-14-2010 05:28 PM
645D sample images eyedias Pentax News and Rumors 13 05-26-2010 04:32 AM
A variety of images with FA* 200/4 Macro (no bugs) - VLF competition images Marc Langille Post Your Photos! 28 08-22-2008 07:28 PM
High ISO concert images with Tam 28-300 (Images) jsundin Post Your Photos! 2 07-05-2007 08:19 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top