Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would the leaf shutter 645 lenses work on the 645D?

For me the 1/125 sync would probably nix wanting the 645D. Then again, I don't know what applications you would use it for.

If it were indoors/studio/event or just landscape, then I'd stick to the 645D.

FWIW, i like my pentax 645 glass more than my mamiya rz glass

12-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Forum Member

@tuco

Nick summed up my feelings on the importance of rated shutter life pretty nicely.

QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
Lastly, if you've done 50K paying frames, a shutter-rebuild is like a your 96K service on your car. It's earned it. This is neither a reason to buy, or not buy, this camera.
...Which is why I was being facetious when I wrote "...their marketing department...". However, if pentax decided that 5% error on chosen shutter speed is unacceptable while another manufacturer decided that 7% is where they draw the line you would get different numbers, wouldn't you? My point is we (at least I) don't know how they are coming up with the magical numbers to rate the shutter life. So, we (at least I) are (am) not in a position to compare between different manufacturers claims on shutter life.
12-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by guidoanselmi Quote
Would the leaf shutter 645 lenses work on the 645D?
Yup it would!