Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax 6x7 questions

Hello, I bought another pentax 6x7 after my first purchased had a damaaged film roller. I opted for one with a metered prism, but now I am not sure how to change the iso value on the camera. There are too little holes on the top of the dial. Is a special tool required or can this be done with something else?

Also, the focusing screen looks quite dirty with many dust particles seen through the viewfinder. I was wondering if it is a simple proceedure to take off the prism and potentially clean it, or is the dust usually contained inside the prism itself making it impossible to clean.

Thankyou.

12-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The metered TTL prism should have a plastic ring ( an extra part) that you press over the camera's shutter dial. Then you mount the prism lining up the pin ( take off any mounted lens first). The ring gives you something to grab onto to rotate the camera's shutter speed dial and the pin in the prism rotates that dial to match.

To change the ISO you grab the outer shutter ring on the prism, pull up and turn to the ISO of choice.

Last edited by tuco; 12-13-2010 at 10:37 AM.
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
thankyou for this information. I would have never figured out how to change the iso.

Do you know if it is viable to clean the prism finder if there is dirt in it or on it. I am not sure if there is any dust or dirt on the outside, would it be ok to blow air into the camera or is this a bad idea?

Thanks.
12-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Most of the time, when you see dust through the finder, it is on the top of the screen and mirror. I suggest using a bulb blower on the top of the screen and even on the under side through the lens mount. Blow off the under side of the prism and mirror surface also.

12-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
Most of the time, when you see dust through the finder, it is on the top of the screen and mirror. I suggest using a bulb blower on the top of the screen and even on the under side through the lens mount. Blow off the under side of the prism and mirror surface also.
How do i get to this. Also through the lens mount?
12-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fabian628 Quote
How do i get to this. Also through the lens mount?
Take the prism off by pressing the snap pins on the side. That will expose the top of the screen.
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #7

Bit of a different topic than the original question, but another 67 question nonetheless.
I've read countless anecdotes and articles on the net about the tripod requirements of the 67 to dampen vibrations resulting from its operation. I was never sure however as to what shutter speeds were being used and differing requirements as such.
I've got a decent, sturdy tripod, that weighs about 2.2kg, and I'd like to know if it will be sufficient for a 67 with a 165mm or 200mm lens with shutter speeds used between 1/125 and 1/1000. Or if its necessary to go and get a serious $300+ tripod just for this camera.