Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
All the settings like "preserve shadows" and "lens-correction" are jpeg-only. If you're shooting RAW, don't bother. They just slow down the preview processing.

- N.
Yes, I do shoot RAW. I will turn those parameters "OFF".

12-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ndevlin Quote
All the settings like "preserve shadows" and "lens-correction" are jpeg-only. If you're shooting RAW, don't bother. They just slow down the preview processing.

- N.
Thanks Nick. I do shoot RAW, so I will turn "OFF" shadow & highlight preserves. I note that lens correction states it is jpg only, but says in RAW, the corrections are carried in the processing parameters. I assumed it would only do this if lens correction was turned on. Apparently it is not necessary to turn on.
Dave

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
55mm, 75mm, af, camera, check, f2.8, focus, infinity, lenses, medium format, pentax, prints