Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #1

645D auto exposure bracketing?

I have the English language Menue Instructions, but not the other manual. I have not been able to find how I can do auto bracketing, so I can play with HDR. I found the menue that allows one to choose sequence i.e. 0, +1, -1, or +1, 0, -1, etc, but cannot find how to actually do auto bracketing. Can one auto bracket with mirror lock up?
Any help appreciated.
Dave

12-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #2

To enable AEB, there is a dedicated button on the left top of the camera. (It's not a menu item.) This button is the 4th one in the sequence that includes the RAW, SD1 and SD2 buttons. Hit the AEB button once. Then dial the front command wheel to set the number of exposures. Your choices include 3 or 5 exposures. Plus a pair of 2-exposure settings: -2 will shoot one under and one at 0 EV; 2 will shoot one over and one at 0 EV.

While the AEB button mode is active, dial the rear command wheel to set the number of EV between each exposure. Choices are from 1/3 EV to 2 EV.

You can also enable a setting so that a single shutter button push will fire off the entire AEB sequence in one go. This setting should be #7 on the first page of the custom settings; in English it's labeled "One-Push Bracketing".

Yes, you can use AEB and mirror lockup at the same time. And use this with the one-push AEB custom setting as well.
12-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
Royce: Thank you for the prompt, and very complete reply. I was looking for a menue item. I was not aware of the dedicated button.
Thanks again, and Happy New Year!
Dave
Beach Haven, NJ