Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well I haven't got the 645D or the money in the near future. But I was so smart to buy some lenses last year, just in case I get my hands on a 645D body. FA 45/75/80-160 and macro-tubes (handy they have all contactpoints). Allso a russian Arsat 30mm fisheye. All in mint condition and for grabs.

01-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #62

I was lucky enough to find a "New Old Stock" brand new in box with unfilled warranty card 45mm FA. I am VERY pleased!!! Maybe I got a good one, but the AF is spot on. A low res jpg, and actual pixels crop. Hand held 1/125 sec, f11

Last edited by gurtch; 04-07-2011 at 09:11 AM.
01-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Got a few requests about the links. Here they are:

Mifsuds Photographic Ltd Pentax 645 AF

and

Second hand cameras, camera part exchange, digital cameras UK, used cameras, photographic shops, England (but this one only has two lenses, and rarely has more).

I'm assuming everyone knows Ffordes.

All the best,

Willem
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Oh, I just happily secured the FA 2.8/75mm. Could not resist.

I'm actually selling my beloved Fujitsu Scansnap S510M on Fleebay to fund this one, because I already have the A and LS version of this lens, and the 45-85mm FA, so could not really justify the purchase.

01-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #65

Gurtch,
Go out and try your 45mm FA and do a landscape with focus near or at infinity f8-f16
The center 2/3 of the image will be excellent but the corners .....not so great.

Stevevn
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by kuau Quote
Gurtch,
Go out and try your 45mm FA and do a landscape with focus near or at infinity f8-f16
The center 2/3 of the image will be excellent but the corners .....not so great.

Stevevn
I'll do it and report back. I'm sure you are right. I also have a 45~85 FA, which I plan on using for landscapes. The 45mm FA is a nice "walk around lens" for 3 dimensional semi-close ups, such as I posted.
Dave
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by gurtch Quote
I'll do it and report back. I'm sure you are right. I also have a 45~85 FA, which I plan on using for landscapes. The 45mm FA is a nice "walk around lens" for 3 dimensional semi-close ups, such as I posted.
Dave
I think you got it right Dave, good walk around lens for 3 dimensional closeups.
And here I was lead to believe that the 645d was a good landscape camera, it has all the makings of a great landscape camera, but.............
I feel Like I am using my M9 with a inexpensive nikon/canon kit lens.
The old Porsche body with a VW engine analogy.

Steven
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Ffordes has some lenses that are reportedly new, and some of these new lenses are MF prices—in other words, going for much more than they used to. Sometimes with old prices side by side, although even these old prices appear higher than before.

01-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Ffordes has some lenses that are reportedly new, and some of these new lenses are MF prices—in other words, going for much more than they used to. Sometimes with old prices side by side, although even these old prices appear higher than before.
quite the price spreads
used 45 fa 2.8 399pounds
new 45 fa 2.8 1849 pounds

They do however list a large number of new lenses along with the used (love to know where they got them all)
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
At the Photokina there was a pricelist for 645 FA glass. I didn't look at the list but asked what prices to expect in Europe (read Germany/Netherlands). For FA 80-160 new price will be 2.499 euro. So there is planning for new assembly in Vietnam for those lenses.
01-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Similarly the FA 45-85 mm for £699 and for £2199, although both are new!
The second price may indeed be the new list price.
01-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #72

Wow at those prices I hope they somehow update theses lenses for the 645D.
01-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow at those prices I hope they somehow update theses lenses for the 645D.
Even if they didn't in reality they aren't out of line with what MF lenses cost in any case.
looking at oter MF lenses on the same site for valid comparisons the hassleblad and mamiya lenses (both for current digital MF cameras) are also in this price range. we've just been spoiled with low pricing after a long spell of product being seen as obsolete (some MF like my bronica gear will continue to be very inexpensive to operate because there is no hope of a real digital version being supported, others like the Contax will likely continue to be valued for the near term as it was really quite a unique system - though it is now much less expensive than it was new). Pentax's re-entry into this market rejuvenated the demand and the pricing has returned to normal levels (unfortunately for some of us who will no longer be able to consider shooting the film variants due to lens prices going so high)
01-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #74

Eddie,
This is where I totally disagree with you.
To get the most out of the 645d, maybe besides there current /old discontinued 120mm macro lens, pentax needs to update there fa line of lens that will be digital ready.
And not just re release old film lenses that did not need the same tolerances as do digital lenses demand.
the 645d is an amazing camera being IMHO crippled only by it lens choice right now. Sure lots can be done in post to make rungs look better but this should be be necessary with good optimized lenses.
Yes my expectations are maybe higher then some other people out there, yet let's use for example the 45mm fa prime lens, if pentax just re released this lens into the market no one in there right mind would buy one for 1500-1800 $ I have not seen one good sample of this lens and it's a shame because on the 645d it's equiv to a 35mm lens. Not so wide.
Now If they came out with new lenses like hasselblad did, and even mamiya I would gladdly pay the price for good Digital glass.
See my point.
01-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter

Eddie,
This is where I totally disagree with you.
To get the most out of the 645d, maybe besides there current /old discontinued 120mm macro lens, pentax needs to update there fa line of lens that will be digital ready.
And not just re release old film lenses that did not need the same tolerances as do digital lenses demand.
the 645d is an amazing camera being IMHO crippled only by it lens choice right now. Sure lots can be done in post to make rungs look better but this should be be necessary with good optimized lenses.
Yes my expectations are maybe higher then some other people out there, yet let's use for example the 45mm fa prime lens, if pentax just re released this lens into the market no one in there right mind would buy one for 1500-1800 $ I have not seen one good sample of this lens and it's a shame because on the 645d it's equiv to a 35mm lens. Not so wide.
Now If they came out with new lenses like hasselblad did, and even mamiya I would gladly pay the price for good Digital glass.
See my point.
I would imagine there is new digital ready glass in the pipeline, but in the meantime they need lenses on the market and this is a quick solution. they may well have altered coatings on new production as well to make them more efficient on digital. When mamiya and hassleblad went to the digital arena they had very limited selections as well designed for digital and relied on there legacy lenses. They have just been in the market longer and have had the time to develop a full range. it will come with Pentax too I would imagine as long as they stay committed to the format. (no reason at this point to think otherwise)