Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Kaua,

Your probably right. Autofocus is a little more important to me because I make most of my money with portraits. I love doing landscapes but I just don't sell enough prints in that area....but hey its something I love to do!

Whats important to me is that I can get 20x30 or 30x40 prints that look great. If corners are slightly soft thats not a deal breaker for me, but if they are horrible then I will not be happy. I have only done a few landscape test shots with my 45-85 and new 55, both to my eyes were acceptable for large prints. Yes I saw some softness but it wasn't that bad.

I have seen some sample shots from the 55 that show extreme corner softness and as far as I can tell my lens is not that bad....but I really need to test it more. I may take my gear out this weekend and do some test. I live in Dallas so I am pretty limited in what I can photograph. I hate doing city landscapes

01-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #17

Original Poster
I hear you Shuttershane, not much money in Landscape, but it's what I enjoy to do, don't have to deal with any people LOL, just mother nature.
I have a 45-85mmFA I purchased and should have in a few days. keeping my fingers crossed.

Steven