Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Need help locating accessory

I bought a used 150 f2.8 FA and the hood is missing the little piece you take out so you can rotate a filter (sorry don't know the exact name of this piece).

Anyone know where I can buy this? Right now I just have black gaffer tape over it.

01-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #2

Out of curiosity, was that the one on on ebay that sold $380? That is about $30 less than the last two that went through.

Besides the missing piece, how is the lens working out?

To answer your question, I would suggest calling KEH, Adorama or B&H's used department. They just may have one laying around and it has not been worth the time to put in online.

In the meantime, gaffer tape solves all.
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Forum Member

I saw the price list here in Japan for replacement hoods while looking at used lenses - they ranged between about $45~$75 USD for what its worth.
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes it was the one on eBay. The lens is in really good condition, glass is clean with only very minor dust inside. It also appears to be really sharp, I was expecting it to be moderately sharp but it is slightly less sharp than my 120 macro (and this was at f2.8) I only was able to test it briefly yesterday on my dogs so I will have to do more testing.