Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #31
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,467
Waist level finder and manual focus? or maybe EVF only?

(I think the idea of cutting out the weather sealing is pretty ludicrous: even a down-spec'ed 645D would still be too expensive a camera not to weatherseal or to start cutting out too many things that are just electronics. )

02-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #32
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
I think if low-end 645D will be real, it could cost approx. ~7000 USD (with 31 MP sensor).
Compare with - H4D-31 ~ 13000 USD.

645D ~ 10 000 USD
H4D-40 ~ 18 000 USD

And I think we could see 645D 50 MP version later .
02-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #33
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by zackspeed Quote
Maybe 3 Body in complete?
One lower with Poliycarbonate body,no seals and 22 Megapixel.
One higher class is also possible.
And that the actually body will be alone the next time,is to exclude
Best regards,Andy
Weather seals costs very low.
DFA55 and DFA25 are WR. No need to remove WR from camera.

But...yes. Poliycarbonate body, 31 MP or less, worse VF, cheaper LCD, 1 AF point e.t.c
02-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #34
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fife, Scotland
Posts: 834
If I was paying for a camera I'd want a top-of-the-line beast, not something cut down with horrors like a plastic body (saves very little I suspect - indeed may put up the price as it would be a different moudling) or an EVF. One of the main costs of the 645D I suspect is in it's restricted production run - you have all the development costs but far fewer bodies to bear it. Once you start fiddling with the design you are putting the development costs up, are you going to well enough extra bodies to make it worth-while? Probably not with something at this price level.

02-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #35
Veteran Member
Kenn100D's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 646
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
You cannot use FF lenses on a MF body, except you change the register distance. And that makes no sense.
Principle is like Lumix LX3 for the sensor side. The rest will be dependent on the converter.
02-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
Veteran Member
blende8's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bremen, Germany
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,484
QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Principle is like Lumix LX3 for the sensor side. The rest will be dependent on the converter.
???
Sorry, I don't understand.
02-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #37
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,645
There is a question on dpreview Question: the Pentax 645D; any sales figures known? so any input on that topic?

@ogl I think that it is very easy to produce the 50mp 645D with the KAF-50100 sensor wich runs on the same platform as the KAF-40000. You coult just put it in I guess. Only it needs a faster CPU then the current PRIME II.
02-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #38
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,510
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
@ogl I think that it is very easy to produce the 50mp 645D with the KAF-50100 sensor wich runs on the same platform as the KAF-40000. You coult just put it in I guess. Only it needs a faster CPU then the current PRIME II.
Indeed, the specs say it has the same pinout. It's slightly larger, so the 55mm lens, which is a "perfect normal" right now (equivalent to 43mm on 35mm) would be a moderate WA lens (equivalent to 38mm on 35mm).

02-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #39
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
There is a question on dpreview Question: the Pentax 645D; any sales figures known? so any input on that topic?
from April of 2010 till February 2011 - ~ 6 000 units, I guess...

Last edited by ogl; 02-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.
02-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #40
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Indeed, the specs say it has the same pinout. It's slightly larger, so the 55mm lens, which is a "perfect normal" right now (equivalent to 43mm on 35mm) would be a moderate WA lens (equivalent to 38mm on 35mm).
Maybe Kodak will make new 44*33 sensor with 60 MP.
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #41
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 17
The 645D is already "Cut Down" if you consider the lack of lenses available.
02-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #42
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,645
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
from April of 2010 till February 2011 - ~ 10 000 units, I guess...
really that much???? It was stated at start somewhere (if that was true?) that there was contract for 300-500 sensors a month. That would make it a year production of 3600-6000. Did that changed due to larger demand?
02-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #43
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by ronhendriks1966 Quote
really that much???? It was stated at start somewhere (if that was true?) that there was contract for 300-500 sensors a month. That would make it a year production of 3600-6000. Did that changed due to larger demand?
~ 6000
02-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #44
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 573
QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
If I was paying for a camera I'd want a top-of-the-line beast, not something cut down with horrors like a plastic body (saves very little I suspect - indeed may put up the price as it would be a different moudling) or an EVF. One of the main costs of the 645D I suspect is in it's restricted production run - you have all the development costs but far fewer bodies to bear it. Once you start fiddling with the design you are putting the development costs up, are you going to well enough extra bodies to make it worth-while? Probably not with something at this price level.
Plastic bodies are far cheaper. The restricted production run is a reflection of the market. Dropping the price does not necessarily translate into an increase in sales. The market for this camera is limited, even if the price dropped 20%. I think Pentax believes/hopes this model will be in production for longer than a consumer camera, which will help them recoup their cost and turn a profit. And the sales will help them decide how much money they are going to put in to design lenses for it--the old FA lenses will probably not return. Pentax/Hoya is not the company that brought us the 645 and 67. In a way, they are starting from scratch again.

The good news is it looks like a success.
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #45
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,645
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
And the sales will help them decide how much money they are going to put in to design lenses for it--the old FA lenses will probably not return.
Please stop spreading nonsens when you only make a guess instead of doing research.

The FA lens serie is for sale at the time. I don't believe old stock, but new production. Some of them where already in production in Vietnam for some years. I have a 75mm lens dat is assembled in Vietnam.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, camera, medium format
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stocking stuffer for the "masses" ;) jeffkrol General Talk 0 12-19-2010 09:06 AM
645d!!! insulinguy Pentax News and Rumors 1 10-12-2010 07:36 AM
645D is here ... frank Pentax News and Rumors 810 03-24-2010 10:14 AM
Using the 645D... HawaiianOnline Pentax Medium Format 13 03-23-2010 07:17 PM
Cheap lighting for the masses! codiac2600 Post Your Photos! 17 02-23-2008 05:50 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top