Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by topaz Quote
Thats what I've been doing...But as I said in an earlier post, I seem to be producing negatives only and not able to easily get some prints from it. And, to be honest, money is an issue right now. Just trying to hang on to my love for photography and adjust it to see some results more often other than a negative on a light box.

As indicated look for a refurbished Epson scanner which will be adequate for MF negatives and will cost you less than a digital camera plus converter.
If you do B&W it is pretty cheap to develop your own film.
Look for film discount at Freestyle and when it is the case buy a bunch to put in your fridge.
After that you can pick-up your shots and they will be real memories. You will not be shooting away with a RZ anyway.
If you need snapshots of the family then get a P&S for $100 that will just do the job.

My 2 cents.

Luc

02-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
As indicated look for a refurbished Epson scanner which will be adequate for MF negatives and will cost you less than a digital camera plus converter.
If you do B&W it is pretty cheap to develop your own film.
Look for film discount at Freestyle and when it is the case buy a bunch to put in your fridge.
After that you can pick-up your shots and they will be real memories. You will not be shooting away with a RZ anyway.
If you need snapshots of the family then get a P&S for $100 that will just do the job.

My 2 cents.

Luc
Thanks for your 2 cents. I appreciate it. I enjoy doing still lifes indoors. And outdoors I'll shoot anything that catches my eye. Fine art type stuff. I don't really do the family snapshots too much. My wife does all that with her digital and does fine. I keep hearing the "scanner" word. Maybe the scanner is my real answer until I can get a darkroom set up. That will keep me shooting film. And maybe I'll run across a cheap digital SLR to play with along the way. Through everyones posts it's helped me think this thru and the scanner makes the most since for me at this point. Thanks to all.