Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #1

Now, dead 645NII question

Tried new batteries today and camera worked for awhile, actually had 2 times LCD went blank, and last time ERR came up, but power returned again after I pulled batteries out and put them back in. Then ran it for awhile multiple shots, maybe for 5minutes rapid shooting and it went out again and stayed off. Tried but could not get it to come on again. So, right now it's dead (I don't know that if it sits for awhile if it will come back on again, maybe if it does it's heat related Who knows. That's the situation. Now, would you still take this package (dead camera,lenses, etc, but now for more like $300-400. and I would have to handle a repair that I really don't know what it might cost or even if it can be repaired. Or pass and let him deal with it. What say ye now?

10-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well I guess if it was me and I wanted to shoot this format I'd not offer more than $400. My guess is that the camera was dropped and there's a cracked circuit board somewhere inside the camera. Unless the battery contacts or battery circuit board are somehow bad. I'd bank on $300-500 for a repair but who knows till you get an espimate.

The 75mm lens is worth about $150-200 used on Ebay
the 45-85mm would be around the same I guess.
The adaptor would be about $100 I think
The backs are selling around $30 as is the rt angle viewfinder

I just had a look at some completed listings on Ebay for these prices.

So you could always sell these on Ebay to get your money back if you had to. Any way to take this unit to a local repair center that works on Pentax Med format for a quick estimate? There must be some place in LA that can give you an idea of the issue. It's really whether you're prepared to spend what it takes to get the body repaired. As we discussed in the earlier thread these go for around $1000+ on KEH. So if you got it for 350-400 and had to spend another 300-500 for repairs and it works perfectly, then it's a good deal still. Either that or you offer him that amount and forget the repair if the estimate is too high and look for a 645n or NII Body
10-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
Dead 645

I just don't know if I want to go any further with it. It might turn out to be repairable but for how much and how long would it take. In the end it probably isn't worth it. The lenses are all ok but it all comes together.
10-14-2007, 03:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Try to get a quote?