Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well that's Pentax sorted ..... but I'm wondering if the likes of Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, Zeiss .....etc or any cheap no-name Chinese knock-offs will ever start making new lenses specifically for the 645D?

Anyone heard any rumours on that front?

And sticking with that - are there any non-Pentax lenses for the 645 film range out there?

02-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #17
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
Well that's Pentax sorted ..... but I'm wondering if the likes of Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, Zeiss .....etc or any cheap no-name Chinese knock-offs will ever start making new lenses specifically for the 645D?

Anyone heard any rumours on that front?

And sticking with that - are there any non-Pentax lenses for the 645 film range out there?
is it a joke?

Last edited by ogl; 02-09-2011 at 11:38 PM.
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #18
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
As things were with the 645D these lenses will most likely be available for the Japanese market initially, and if demand is high enough they will be made available internationally. Hoya/Pentax seems to be using it's consumer base in Japan as a litmus test to determine the market for new products.
All Pentax MF lenses are easy to buy in Japan, harder in Europe and very hard to find it in USA now.
02-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm wondering if the likes of Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, Zeiss .....etc or any cheap no-name Chinese knock-offs will ever start making new lenses specifically for
Improbable in the extreme, on a purely economical basis if a third party lens manufacturer suddenly decide to make a line of medium format lenses they would have to invest mega bucks for a relativity low volume product. Different medium format cameras have much larger flange distance variations than smaller DSLR cameras do which, taking into account the technical hurdles of actually making a decent lens with an image circle big enough to be used on a 33X44mm sensor I don't see any of the major third party makers starting from scratch a building a separate line of 645 lenses.*

I do recall the camera company Bronica being bought by Tamron, and they might have a few lens designs they can re-engineer to suit the pentax 645.

*In the highly unlikely event of a third party producing medium format lenses I can only imagine the reaction from leicaphiles if Sigma,Tamron or Tonkina ever made lenses for the Leica S2.

02-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #20
Forum Member

I wouldn't underestimate the Chinese making "similar, compatible" lenses - apparently they already have a manual 645 that takes Pentax mount lenses, and a digital conversion for it as well. So if you have patience, latitude for Diana quality lenses, and no need for AF I bet you'll have an option soon, otherwise I'd just spend my money on A series lenses

or any cheap no-name Chinese knock-offs will ever start making new lenses specifically for the 645D?

None that I know of; however there are some unique lenses for the P67 which can adapt to the 645, e.g. Nikkor P.C. 1200mm/f11, and the awesome LensBaby 3G MF!

..are there any non-Pentax lenses for the 645 film range out there?

Last edited by VoltMan; 02-09-2011 at 11:41 PM.
02-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Glad to see Pentax back with a bang!
02-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kuau Quote
My question is when will any of these lenses on the roadmap be available in the USA
Or is this whole thing just for the japan market?
Steven
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
All Pentax MF lenses are easy to buy in Japan, harder in Europe and very hard to find it in USA now.
Well I mentionted it before but here again. You can order them in the Netherlands at the time. Here is the list of availeble. Only new 55mm and 80-160mm are in stock. Also 645D body is in stock.

Middenformaat lenzen | Objectieven | Foto Konijnenberg

So in USA when someone jumps in and put them in stock.

02-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #24

I tried to order the 35mmFA from Hong Kong, Sells cameras, lenses and related photographic accessories - Tin Cheung Camera Company
I just got the email from them today:

"Dear Steven,

Sorry for the late reply as we were trying to source the item from our supplier. Unfortunately The lens is not available and a full refund will be offered for the transaction. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Tin Cheung Camera Company"

Oh well, back to square one.

Steven
02-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #25
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
PENTAX?FA645 35mmF3.5AL???????????????????????(??,??,??,??,??)
order in Japan
02-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #26

I tried to order the 35mmFA from Hong Kong, Sells cameras, lenses and related photographic accessories - Tin Cheung Camera Company
I just got the email from them today:

"Dear Steven,

Sorry for the late reply as we were trying to source the item from our supplier. Unfortunately The lens is not available and a full refund will be offered for the transaction. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Tin Cheung Camera Company"

Oh well, back to square one.

Steven
I called them a day or two ago - 35mm wasn't available, but 75, 45 and 80-160 FAs were in stock at the moment, so they still get them every now and then.
Pentax officials say that none of FA lenses are produced anymore(except the new 25 and 55). That's a pity, but they're at least available somewhere..
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #27

I still don't understand how the 645d can be a successful camera with only 2 lens being manufactured.
I am going to yosemite next weekend with my 645d, 35mm fa, 45-85mm fa, 75mm fa, 120mm a, 150mm fa and 300mm fa
Of course all these lenses purchased used. I hope I come back with some great images.

Steven
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I still don't understand how the 645d can be a successful camera with only 2 lens being manufactured.
I am going to yosemite next weekend with my 645d, 35mm fa, 45-85mm fa, 75mm fa, 120mm a, 150mm fa and 300mm fa
Of course all these lenses purchased used. I hope I come back with some great images.

Steven
Steven:

You have enough lenses (where did you find the 35mm FA?). The images will not be limited by your equipment.

Good luck
02-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #29

I hope all these lenses will still still be "fullframe" 645 so i can use it on my 645n! That 25mm *drool* I'll be able to fit that double rainbow all the way across the sky! Double rainbow oh my god!

Last edited by Spare Tire; 02-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.
02-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
I hope all these lenses will still still be "fullframe" 645 so i can use it on my 645n! That 25mm *drool* I'll be able to fit that double rainbow all the way across the sky! Double rainbow oh my god!
The bayonet is the same, but there's no a/f for d fa lens on 645n/n2 bodies..Different motors