Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #1

645D- Exposure Bracketing

Hi, I recently had a chance to shoot some Panoramic bracketed shots with the 645D.
I had the camera set up on a Nodal Ninja 5 and was attempting to shoot four separate shots with three exposures each. I wanted to keep the aperture at F16 throughout the exposures. In manual mode, the camera brackets the exposures by changing the shutter speed and the aperture. In AV mode, the camera readjusts the exposure automatically for each rotated shot. The exposure lock function does not work well because it only locks for one set of shots. If you attempt to keep going back to the original shot and lock up the exposure, sometimes that original shot's exposure has already slightly changed.
The only solution seems to bracket the exposure manually but this is a pain in the butt and mistakes can easily occur. Anyone have any insight on an alternative solution?
Thanks,
Neil

Last edited by Parallax; 02-17-2011 at 08:51 AM.
02-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Neil (and welcome!),

Not sure about the 645D, but on the K20D you have to set custom function 26 "Green button in TAv & M mode" to (2) "Tv shift." Since the 645D UI is so similar to K-7/K-5, there is probably a similar (if a different number) custom function.

This seriously frustrated me when I got my K20D, until a kind soul here (drougge) pointed out the required setting. After that, my K20D would bracket by changing only the shutter speed in TAv or M modes! Cheers!

BTW, since you're in Toronto, PM me as I'd be mighty interested in seeing this setup in person (my name isn't Panoguy for nothing!). I've been shooting HDR panos since 2001 and have yet to try it with medium-format!
02-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, Thats it! Thanks!
02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Panoguy, The forum wont let me send a PM until I have sent a minimum of three posts. Send me your email address on a PM.