02-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Experience with 67 75mm/4.5 Shift?

Hello,

Does anybody has used this lens?

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 03-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
02-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok I guess that it is not a very popular lens - the price might not help...
I t is not clear if there is any alternate for shift lens. The Arsat series of lenses seem to be as expensive, not readily available and potentially limited to 6x6 - I could not make sense of their web site regarding what is available for what.

Cheers,

Luc
02-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have this lens Luc......but I just haven't used it yet. I like the standard 75mm f4.5 lens a lot (very sharp, nice focal length), which is why I bought a copy of the shift lens.

Gary
02-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just ordered one out of evilBay so I will soon find out

Cheers,

Luc

03-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
I just ordered one out of evilBay so I will soon find out

Cheers,

Luc
Hi Luc,

Just checking to see if you got the 75mm Shift and were able to test it out. Would like to see your results and what you think. Could you post any pictures you took?

Thanks!
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shrinba Quote
Hi Luc,

Just checking to see if you got the 75mm Shift and were able to test it out. Would like to see your results and what you think. Could you post any pictures you took?

Thanks!
OK soon might have been a generous statement. Curiously mail from USA to Canada takes forever and then some. I received a lens from France in half the time I received a package from KEH. I will post as soon as I have received the equipment and could take some shots.

Cheers,

Luc
03-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I received the 75mm Shift. This is a nice lens. The focus ring of mine is a little bit stiff. Not sure if it is for lack of regular use or if it will need a CLA one of this day.
Other than that it is a nice lens.

I managed to get a roll in between rain showers o try it.
It will likely take some time to learn how to use it effectively, but I sure will take the time.

Efke 25 in Pyrocat 1+1+100

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 03-13-2011 at 10:31 PM.
03-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Pentaxian

The basic idea behind the shift is a specialized case of eliminating vertical convergence by keeping the camera level and shifting the lens up to move the horizon down thereby eliminating potentially unwanted foreground and hopefully bringing in the top of, say, your architecture. You have to often place yourself at the right distance too.

You can also do the same thing with the front standard on view cameras but that method it is not as versatile as correcting convergence/divergence with the rear standard/film plane which will allow you some leeway of tilting the camera up/down while still correcting geometry in case you cannot position yourself at an ideal distance from the subject with the focal length you are using.

Last edited by tuco; 03-13-2011 at 10:09 PM.
03-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Do I hear the call for an Ebony S23 or S45???

I am still wondering about the the various angles along which the lens can be shifted (rotate every 30 degrees or so). Is that to correct with horizontal perspective along with the vertical?

Cheers,

Luc
03-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Do I hear the call for an Ebony S23 or S45???

I am still wondering about the the various angles along which the lens can be shifted (rotate every 30 degrees or so). Is that to correct with horizontal perspective along with the vertical?

Cheers,

Luc
Not sure. But remember you can only correct geometry by titling the film plane. And, of course, you cannot tilt the film plane independent of your lens on that 6x7 so to get parallel lines you have to keep the camera level.