Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Shuttershane Quote
Gurtch, beautiful shot. I am editing a photo of halfdome I took at sunset Sunday. I will post it soon, my only issue is getting the color correct....I am colorblind so I am doing my best to get it right.
I can't wait to see it. I love your work.
Dave

03-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #17

Good luck on finding a good copy of a fa35 mm lens, I have tried two of them and sold them both.
My tunnel view shot with my last 35mm fa at f13 great in the center 2/3rds of the frame, the cornes not good.
To me the fa 35mm lensmis not a good landscape lens when shot at infinity.
Though I did not try the 1/3 foreground focus, I think the results would have been the same.
The 45-85mm performed much better for me at the tunnel view at f13

Steven
QuoteOriginally posted by gurtch Quote
Although the AF version of the 35mm lens is supposed to be superior to the MF version, I have the MF version, and for my purposes it is wonderful. I usually manually focus about one third the distance into the scene, stop down to f13 or 16, and shoot. I will post a recent shot made with the 35mm MF lens.
Best
Dave