Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
6x7 lens stuck up

...changed the battery, pushed the reset button, apart and together with the release button. No life. Shutter seems to be stuck half way.

Any ideas????

03-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You probably already tried it but all I can think of is maybe shutter speed dial is set between speeds. Try changing shutter speeds.
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
You probably already tried it but all I can think of is maybe shutter speed dial is set between speeds. Try changing shutter speeds.
Tried it. Or better: I switched it several times, without thinking it could probably help... And it didn't help.....

But thanks for the helping hand!
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I had this happen to my 67 a few years back and had to send it out for repairs. Not sure if you are having same issue but I was told it had something to do with the wind mechanism not traveling far enough and cocking the mirror but not the shutter. Then you press the shutter release and the mirror lift but the shutter doesn't fire and the mirror won't/can't return until the shutter fires. I may not be totally correct but it was something like that. Last week I was out shooting and pressed the shutter and it locked up. I was terrified it was the same thing until I realized I had accidentally moved the shutter dial while changing lenses.

I can't think of anything else but hopefully you won't have to send yours out for repairs.

03-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

You say lens stuck up. Do you mean mirror is stuck part way up? If so, the reset button is to be pressed and the shutter release should be pressed also to drop the mirror. Also, the mirror should drop when the battery is removed. If the mirror is stuck all the way up, that is a mechanical wear issue.

Last edited by desertscape; 03-04-2011 at 01:55 PM.
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No, it's completely up. And I pushed reset and shutter.... no difference....
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I had this happen to my 67 a few years back and had to send it out for repairs. Not sure if you are having same issue but I was told it had something to do with the wind mechanism not traveling far enough and cocking the mirror but not the shutter. Then you press the shutter release and the mirror lift but the shutter doesn't fire and the mirror won't/can't return until the shutter fires. I may not be totally correct but it was something like that. Last week I was out shooting and pressed the shutter and it locked up. I was terrified it was the same thing until I realized I had accidentally moved the shutter dial while changing lenses.

I can't think of anything else but hopefully you won't have to send yours out for repairs.
I think I have to.... but thanks for the answer, it sounds like this could be the case....
03-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I think I have to.... but thanks for the answer, it sounds like this could be the case....

I can't think of anything else.
Maybe some other 67 shooters will chime in with a solution.

03-05-2011, 03:27 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It seems the camera has a serious battery drain problem. The battery I bought yesterday is dead already.... and not alone in my 6x7, it doesn't work in my Yashica Electro either....