Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #1

6x7II Film Advance Lever Wont Wind

Greetings Pentax people... I have a 6x7II with several lenses that I've enjoyed for about six years. Love the large negs. Had to buy a medium format neg scanner to go digital with it. Have had an issue of late... can't advance the film lever. Have replaced the batteries, everything shows up in the window and in the viewfinder so I believe it's not electrical. Have put on and taken off the lens that I keep on it (45mm wide angle) and still no advance. Have put film into camera in case it won't wind because of lack of film... still not winding. Lever seems to be locked in position. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about what I should check before i have to bring it in for service. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Marty

03-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hello adprousa,
I had a similar problem with my 67II in 2009. I send it to Pentax Canada for repair. It was an electronical piece that was not working. No advance, no shutter without this. It cost me around 500$ Canadian but I did accept the repair. Everything is working fine now. Best luck with your's. If you need more help, send me a PM. GB
03-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am sorry about your recent travel. It is a travesty.

But, could this be the divine intervention that you might have been waiting for so that you can finally move on to 645D???

Just trying to be half full.
Closed Thread