Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

Sticking Mirror

Just received an eBay purchased 6X7 and am sacrificing a roll of film to check operation. After installing the battery, I found that the mirror sticks with each operation. If I remove the battery and give the body a tap, then the mirror releases and returns to the rest position.

The prism fits loose so I have ordered a seal kit which comes with a mirror damper and is supposed to have installation instructions. This will be my first attempt at camera repair/maint. , anyone have tips to offer?

Thanks,

Tom

03-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Does the mirror come down when you press the shutter/mirror reset button?. You can operate the camera without film in it, btw, as noted in the instructions in that link.
03-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Does the mirror come down when you press the shutter/mirror reset button?. You can operate the camera without film in it, btw, as noted in the instructions in that link.

The mirror will not come down when I push the reset button.

Thanks for the pdf file, it is a tremendous improvement over the manual I downloaded from the Pentax Imaging site which looks like the mimeographed stuff we used to get in school back in the 60's! I could not read and did not know I could move the frame counter because the image was so bad.
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Pentaxian

What you describe is pretty common in bodies that have had 15,000+ frames thru them. My original 6x7 did the same thing and needed to be reworked by Pentax. My newer bodies have yet to act up. Fixing this problem yourself would be difficult unless trained in this area. There is a guy who advertises on ebay that specializes in P67 repair.