Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Stuck Blades

I went to a second hand shop this morning to look at a 645 with a couple of A lenses. The problem was that none of the blades moved with the aperture rings. Other than that, everything looked fair to fine.
How much of a major event would be it to get a 645 and three or four lenses cleaned and serviced?
Let's face it, I'm cheap. I don't want to gamble a lot to experiment with medium format if it's going end up costing more than the equipment is worth.

03-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Not sure what you mean - you can move the blades by the little lever in the bayonet mount. As it is automatic diaphragm, they will not stop down when you move the diaphragm ring.
If they do not move by that lever (there are two levers btw, don't try to move the one which does not "want" to), I would only buy them very very cheaply. Or not. Probably not. Unless you've got golden fingers.
03-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
My mistake then. I thought they should act like my regular A lenses. I didn't know that the aperture ring wouldn't move the blades. What a strange design?
I'll have to go check them again....
03-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What you can move in the bayonet is the blades, while if you move the aperture ring the other lever should move.

03-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.