03-31-2011, 06:57 AM   #1

645D-Panoramic-second photo

Both photos were shot in Florida.

Attached Images

04-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The image itself isn't bad - competently executed from a technical standpoint. However with your processing you seem to be having problems with keeping the luminosity in the sky consistent, It is really distracting for me -I'm looking at the patches of sky around the tree tops. If you are using a polariser I suggest you either take it off and use a ND-grad or simply set the polariser at a specific rotation and leave it fixed for the remainder of the images to be taken.

I hope you aren't using photoshop's automatic merging feature - I never use that these days, I use a wacom Digital graphics tablet and I merge my HDR images and panoramics by hand.
04-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
with your processing you seem to be having problems with keeping the luminosity in the sky consistent, It is really distracting for me -I'm looking at the patches of sky around the tree tops.
Curiously, if you look at the reflections of those same treetops it is much less abrupt around the trunks, etc. There is HDR "haloing" around the treetops, though.

My guess is that this is purely the tonemapper being used. I'd recommend trying Enfuse (instead of HDR) and then punching up the saturation in Pshop.
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
then punching up the saturation in Pshop.
personally I would leave it right where it is - I have an aversion to images looking like disneychrome all the time.

04-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
personally I would leave it right where it is - I have an aversion to images looking like disneychrome all the time.
This is only a suggestion when using Enfuse. Image fusion doesn't have any saturation control like most HDR tonemappers, so his pano would look nothing like the above (which was intended) even though the tones would be balanced. Give it a try!