Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #76
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Awesome work hark, superb shots and in depth review of this camera. Was in two minds especially with this pesky Nikon 36MP release, but just came across this thread as a newb here.

just picked up a bunch of older A style lenses so pleased you give them a thumbs up as do many other on here, great news.

Cheers

03-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #77

Brilliant images and very infomative review
03-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #78

Fantastic images Hark,thanks for posting them!
I have a question regarding something you said about focus stacking:
"Like 50 % of the time, I use a laser distance-meter to check the distance between the sensor and nearest foreground to make sure. Basically anytime I want to include close objects, yes."
Could you explain why do you need to measure the distance?Do you rely on DOF tables? Another words once you know the distance how do you use it?I just feel like may be I am missing something in the technique of focus stacking...
Thanks a lot,
Vlad.
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks

Well done. Your takes on different lenses were very helpful. I agree with all you've said. It is surprising how much, I enjoy, and how well I like having that side tripod socket!

05-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
Wow. I’m overwhelmed at the thoroughness of the report and the striking images.

Thank you very much for this effort.

It’s interesting that you find the 35mm A superior to the FA version. That is contrary to conventional wisdom and yet consistent with many comments about the 35mm FA on the 645D. Can you expand on your conclusion?

I notice the direct sun in some of your shots maintains a circular shape; I’ve had difficulty with such shots with the 645D. The blown highlights around the sun lose the circular shape and become an unattractive, irregular shape. Any suggestions? Here’s an example:
suggested improvements. 3 and 6 plus 5 shot HDR.