Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
That shot was with an Arsat 30mm rectangular fisheye that I bought from Ron - hence Ron being keen to see some shots from it.

I've printed 18x24 and 24x32 prints and they look spectacular (if I do say so myself ) and would easily go larger without loss of quality.

I plan to do some large canvas prints at home soon - just need to narrow down which ones to print
That one shot looks great. I think you have a good deal made with this purchase

05-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
Coming soon

One preview attached - single shot cropped to look like a pano.
Great shot. The sky and crop really make this one.
I see you bought the lens here, but do you know where the Arsat can be purchased ?
05-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
Great shot. The sky and crop really make this one.
I see you bought the lens here, but do you know where the Arsat can be purchased ?
They're no longer made brand-new, so it's a matter of finding who still has stock or searching e-bay.

Best bets would be:
Arax Photo | Lenses | MC ARSAT (Zodiak-8), 3.5/30 superwide-angle, fisheye lens.
Zodiak 8 (Arsat) FishEye 3,5/30 Lens for Kiev60
Welcome to the KIEV/USA Website

Best to make sure you can get the right mount/adapter too as I found some places had the lens, but not the adapter.
05-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Mac and cheese

QuoteQuote:
decent food is low down on the list, so ... trying to figure out who has the best generic mac and cheese for home use.
Forget the nasty boxed stuff profaning market shelves! No Pentaxian should stoop to boxed mixes!

Go to your public library and scope out cookbooks - Fannie Farmer's Cookbook and The Joy of Cooking are classic general cookbooks. You'll need some decent real cheese, not processed, whole milk and/or cream, a little flour, some butter, pasta, bread crumbs for au gratin. Paparika makes a nice garnish, and almost everything is improved with grated fresh Parmesan, not the stuff in a can. An oven, of course, and an oven proof casserole.

A good basic recipe can be augmented with broccoli, canadian bacon shreds, smoked oysters, all kinds of goodies. While mac and cheese might be considered an econo- dish, it can rise to glory with a little effort and good ingredients.

Bon appetite!!

05-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

It's not actually that cheap but Cotswold makes a really good mac and cheese. It's great for omelets too. Cotswold is a terrific cheese. That hint of onion and chives is very nice. I usually do Costwold omelets with a bit of sundried tomato and rosemary ham. Yum. It melts pretty much like a good cheddar so it's good for most dishes that ask for it. I also use it a lot for melt sandwiches. Sometimes I do a melted club with turkey, ham, a bit of bacon, and some thousand island dressing. That's good too...

Cotswold Cheese
05-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Magkelly -

Thanks for the tip on Cotswold. I'll have to look for it at our DeKalb Farmers' Market, which has a wonderful selection of foodstuffs from everywhere.

Ever try Black Diamond cheddar? It's a white Canadian with a wonderful flavor, but not for those only recently weaned away from Velveeta. I've never tried it in mac and cheese, but I'll bet it would be really fine.