Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #1

Reliable USED Equipment stores

Helllo. i am trying to create a contact list of reliable/honest USED Pentax equipment stores and sellers.

I am mainly interested in the ones that sell used Pentax 645 equipment and lenses.

I would really appreciate it if everyone would make some suggestions. I already know about KEH, B&H, Adorama and Cameta Camera.

I'm sure other people on this forum would also like to have a list of USED equipment stores they could trust.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

05-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, you know about one more than I do (Cameta Camera). Personally, I've bought a lot of used Pentax 645 gear on ebay and the marketplace on this forum. Never had a problem.

Oh, Henery's Camera in Canada has a used equipment department I believe. Never had a bad experience with them either.
05-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi

KEH.com , Very good prices and shipping options.
Got a few items from them.
Henry's is EXPENSIVE. If you want from Canada there is Kerrisdale Cameras that have a
large used assortment also.
05-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have bought used equipment from both KEH and B&H. I have had no problems.

05-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
I don't have a problem buying from Canada. I'll take Canadian retailer suggestions as well.
05-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
When it comes to used equipments, no store is reliable or honest. You just have to know the gears and pick them carefully.
05-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I second Yamanobori's comment, as both KEH and B&H have provided great service. My first time with KEH was pain-free, even though the lens I received wasn't exactly in EX condition as described. The lens in question, a Sigma 75-210, something like that, had condensation marks under the first element, and I requested a refund, which KEH allowed. They even paid for my original shipping costs, along with the cost to send it back to them. Other interactions with KEH have been completely free of any problems. My only time with B&H was phenomenal, as they had a fantastic deal on the FA50 f/1.4 that I couldn't pass up (cheaper than even here on the forum). Also, add Adorama to your list, as my LBA got started by picking up a M50 f/1.7 in EX condition from them for a mere $52 shipped, which I picked up through them.
05-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #8
K-9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I find that the better condition used gear is always from private sellers on ebay over used departments of the major outlets. You can always find pristine copies of gear still in box, with all manuals and sometimes warranty receipts on ebay. Tons of people buy gear and never use it, then resell it. I don't feel that the people who keep their gear pristine are the ones who accept lower cash trade ins to major dealers, which would explain the majority of 8/10 condition stuff at those places. Also, when you do see 10/10 or MINT condition equipment at major outlets, they are usually always priced too high.

The right, reputable private seller is always the way to go. Watch for people who are only selling one or two lenses, and sound like they are users just selling their gear as opposed to ebay power sellers who have 10-40 different lenses for sale. I've had plenty of issues with ebay dealers overgrading their equipment as opposed to private individuals, although it can happen in either case..