Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #1

My VF Indicators are NOT working in my new 645NII! Help!

I just bought a new Pentax 645NII off Fleabay and everything looks great, and appears to be working properly, except I can't see any information in the viewfinder! I've tried resetting the custom functions, and using both a loaded insert and an unloaded. I contacted the seller, but I also wanted to post here and see is there is something I missed?

Am I doing something wrong, or do these go bad sometimes?

Help!

05-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #2

Original Poster
Wow, on closer inspection, it looks like there are MORE problems with this unit. I can't believe it because it's in like mint condition on the exterior...

1. the multiple exposure switch is jammed.

2. It won't wind properly. It takes in the film, goes to frame one, I shoot a picture and then it winds way to far, I take another picture and it winds to the end. Or it just gives me the "e" error message. And once it just made a noise that sounded...not so good...

I'm really conflicted because I love the 645NII camera, but I don't know whether I should return it, or have it repaired by Pentax. Seller said he would either take it back or pay for repair...but at this point I don't know what to do.