Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Camera back in action ( First shot taken with iphone4 with inbuilt HDR, second with A 80 - 160 at 160 and f/22)

Attached Images

07-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What is that orange streak!

Sorry, it must be the sunset.
07-14-2011, 02:18 AM   #33
Forum Member

Snap! My 645D also is having problems. Apparent even viewing on the rear screen, an evil-looking green line descends vertically from a blob just left of centre, and about 1/6 of the way up from the bottom of the frame. It's not there in all frames, and I've not yet identified a pattern to the occurrence.

On a camera of this calibre, these defects should not occur.

I'm currently in "discussion" with the local importer, about a solution. My desire is for a new body: they say they will remap the sensor, when a "master body" arrives from Japan -- in a week to 10 days. It's already two weeks they've had my 645D, so that's almost a month before even commencing the "repair". Needless to say, I'm not at all pleased.

Oh yes, I'm on my third 55/2.8 kit lens, the first two both refused to focus (neither manually, nor through the body), after 14 days use for the first, and after 15 days use for the second.

I'm kicking myself for not spotting this discussion thread earlier. Admittedly I've been searching for "green line" posts.
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
What is that orange streak!

Sorry, it must be the sunset.
lol Mighty relieved to have the use of my camera again. Hoping to have the time to go back to the Lake District with it where it failed before. I did have an issue with it not metering correctly with the A 80 - 160 but it got it in the end after saying that it needed a 30 sec exposure at 160mm and f/22 when it actually need 1/3. Could actually be a lens issue, it's a well used lens but the viewfinder went quite dark. Third time lucky the second shot was taken with that lens. Never really shot with a manual focus lens before now, so a learning curve

07-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Thingo Quote
Snap! My 645D also is having problems. Apparent even viewing on the rear screen, an evil-looking green line descends vertically from a blob just left of centre, and about 1/6 of the way up from the bottom of the frame. It's not there in all frames, and I've not yet identified a pattern to the occurrence.

On a camera of this calibre, these defects should not occur.

I'm currently in "discussion" with the local importer, about a solution. My desire is for a new body: they say they will remap the sensor, when a "master body" arrives from Japan -- in a week to 10 days. It's already two weeks they've had my 645D, so that's almost a month before even commencing the "repair". Needless to say, I'm not at all pleased.

Oh yes, I'm on my third 55/2.8 kit lens, the first two both refused to focus (neither manually, nor through the body), after 14 days use for the first, and after 15 days use for the second.

I'm kicking myself for not spotting this discussion thread earlier. Admittedly I've been searching for "green line" posts.
Sounds like a sensor fault. They replaced the sensor on mine. But the camera was sent to Japan as the UK market isn't big enough as far as MF for Pentax's 3rd party repairer to fix it
01-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #36
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Sounds like a sensor fault.
Yes, the sensor certainly appears to have been faulty.

The first 645D body was replaced after some five weeks delay.
I've been happily using my second 645D body for some 4 1/2 months, with no apparent glitches.

However, further to my comment in the post above:
QuoteOriginally posted by Thingo Quote
The third D FA 645 55/2.8 SDM lens has now died: with precisely the same effect as the first two, quoted above (they only managed some 270 exposures between them). This third example of the lens managed to function for seven months, including the 5 weeks I was without a 645 camera body. In that time I captured some 570 exposures on the first body, and just under 1100 on the second body. Not particularly heavy use.

Has anyone else had problems with this type of lens?