Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
Re the 645 33-55mm lens, I have used two of them as test lenses, from two different Pentaxians, and both performed well, and more importantly, sharpened up easily and precisely for large scale prints. I may have just gotten lucky with these two examples, as I have heard that some poor specimens of this optic exist. If Pentax redesigns the focal zoom range for the 645D we'll have great wide coverage for the system, including the new 25mm of course. When I get to test that new chunk of heaven I'll show results asap.

Kerrick

06-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
The 67 system is still very viable, as long as you can get quality E-6 processing of course. I still am scanning 67 film from my files for various projects, and will be for some time to come. Just repurposed the best of my 67 glass for the 645D, and sold the rest...

Kerrick
06-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #18
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,465
QuoteOriginally posted by kjames5 Quote
Re the 645 33-55mm lens, I have used two of them as test lenses, from two different Pentaxians, and both performed well, and more importantly, sharpened up easily and precisely for large scale prints. I may have just gotten lucky with these two examples, as I have heard that some poor specimens of this optic exist. If Pentax redesigns the focal zoom range for the 645D we'll have great wide coverage for the system, including the new 25mm of course. When I get to test that new chunk of heaven I'll show results asap.

Kerrick

I traded in a FA35 in order to get the 33-55 and a 80 - 160 manual focus, part of me regrets doing this but while I had my camera (it is away being fixed at the moment) I was getting what I think are very sharp photos with the zoom, which allows me more flexibility in the field, and minimises the risk of dust on the larger sensor.
06-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #19
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
I forgot to answer my own question, but the answer is the 645D is what I would choose to carry, because of overall better IQ, convenience (67 must be scanned to sell it to my markets), longer tonal scale, and myriad other features...

Kerrick

06-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #20
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
Seems like the new 25mm for 645D is somewhat delayed from earlier announcements, at least into the USA. It is possible that I may get to test a 25mm lens later this summer, if all goes well, and I will share those images with you all asap. If anyone else get's a production lens first, (from Japan I suppose), please share those images with us too. Anyone heard what the internal filter size will be?

Kerrick James
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2008
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 413
QuoteOriginally posted by kjames5 Quote
...................... If anyone else get's a production lens first, (from Japan I suppose), please share those images with us too. Anyone heard what the internal filter size will be?

Kerrick James
Kerrick:

Samples are beginning to show up, including this forum:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-medium-format-645-6x7-645d/148891-...5mm-f-4-a.html
Internal filter size is 40.5mm.
I've been trying a 67 75mm AL with extension tube #2 on the 645D. The lens has very nice out-of-focus regions.
I look forward to your reports on the 25mm.

Tom
Attached Images
   
06-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #22
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
Pentax 645D Chris Willson's Blog
06-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #23
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
That's a really lovely out of focus feeling and look with the 75 and Extension Tube 2!

Kerrick

08-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 108
I've been on the road for some time now and just catching up on correspondence. To the observation that I didn't answer my own posed question on the 645D blog listing comparing the 67II to the 645D and what I would rather carry...the answer for me is the 645D. I've sold my two 67II bodies and my 35mm Fisheye and 45mm/4 67 glass, kept the rest, and loving the 645D in every respect. What I do desire is the 25mm! Hope that answers the lingering question, thx!
Kerrick
09-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #25
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7
QuoteOriginally posted by kjames5 Quote
I've been on the road for some time now and just catching up on correspondence. To the observation that I didn't answer my own posed question on the 645D blog listing comparing the 67II to the 645D and what I would rather carry...the answer for me is the 645D. I've sold my two 67II bodies and my 35mm Fisheye and 45mm/4 67 glass, kept the rest, and loving the 645D in every respect. What I do desire is the 25mm! Hope that answers the lingering question, thx!
Kerrick
It it truly an awesome camera. I just came back from a week in New England. The posts from Maine and Vermont have several shots taken with the 645D. Enjoy...

Last edited by Peter Zack; 09-05-2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: blog links in post. Should be in signature line.
09-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #26
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 573
pixeldust, welcome. I am glad to see you have realized there is more beyond the red dot and joined us 645D owners.
09-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #27
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
pixeldust, welcome. I am glad to see you have realized there is more beyond the red dot and joined us 645D owners.
Thank you, Yamanobori, as much as I enjoyed the M's, they're difficult to use with aging eyes. The image quality was superb, as it is with the 645D.
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #28
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 573
I am rather partial to rangefinders myself. Had Pentax come out with a rangefinder version, I might be using a different camera. Still I am very pleased with the 645D. I am also pleased at how well dampened the mirror is and use the camera mostly handheld.

I am glad you had a nice trip through NH and ME--former and current States of residence for me.
09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #29
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
I am rather partial to rangefinders myself. Had Pentax come out with a rangefinder version, I might be using a different camera. Still I am very pleased with the 645D. I am also pleased at how well dampened the mirror is and use the camera mostly handheld.

I am glad you had a nice trip through NH and ME--former and current States of residence for me.
Thanks again. I was using the camera handheld as well, having misplaced the QR plate for my tripod. I am a big guy with rather large hands and I love the way the camera feels. The controls are all well placed and the viewfinder is huge. Very comfortable to work with.
09-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #30
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Moscow
Posts: 25
Pentax 645D

I started to submit some photos on Flickr (Pentax 645D)
I will try to add new photos regularly.
Welcome.

Flickr: eduard-kraft's Photostream
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, camera, medium format
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Are our galleries viewable by non members photolady95 Site Suggestions and Help 5 05-22-2011 07:39 PM
flash galleries to speed thing up slip Site Suggestions and Help 4 04-29-2011 05:12 AM
Photos Galleries taken with my k-x guillermovilas Photographic Technique 2 10-08-2010 07:51 AM
Back on track+Open Galleries losecontrol Welcomes and Introductions 2 02-03-2010 10:20 AM
Online Photographer on 645D jsherman999 Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 04-15-2009 08:07 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top