Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
645d online portfolios/galleries

Maybe I'm googling it wrong but I'm having a real hard time finding online portfolios with 645d work. Could you fine folks recommend some places to look? I'd like to send some Twitter loving your way

Thanks!

05-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Forum Member

this is the only one I have found

Flickr: Pentax 645D
05-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Some of my images are in the Flickr 645D group.

The latest galleries on my site ( Warped Photography - Perth's Premier Fetish Photographer | SmugMug) have been shot with a 645D.

In the Fantasies-Fetish section the first 9 galleries (left to right, top to bottom) are from the 645D
In the Glamour - portraits section the first 4 galleries are from the 645D
In the Misc' and Others / Travel section, the first 2 galleries are from the 645D
In the Events section, the first 2 galleries are from the 645D

In the near future there will be a new gallery added to Fantasies - Fetish and to Glamour - Portraits and possibly another one in the Travel section after the weekend away I've got coming up at the end of this week.
06-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I've just finished and released my new blog issue dedicated to the 645D. Here's the link, and I welcome everyone's comments, criticisms, referrals, etc.

BEHIND THE PUBLISHED IMAGE--KERRICK JAMES

Thanks to all, Kerrick James

06-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjames5 Quote
I've just finished and released my new blog issue dedicated to the 645D. Here's the link, and I welcome everyone's comments, criticisms, referrals, etc.

Shit! I have to buy one....
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Yes, but think of it as a 10 year camera, and investment, and you'll feel better in the morning!
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Shit! I have to buy one....
Pål

It's easy. Just calculate the film costs for 10,000 exposures on the 645N - the money saved pays for the 645D.
06-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Kerrick:

Very nicely done. Any thoughts on the 33-55mm? Many have expressed disappointment with that zoom. It seems that most of the old lenses perform quite well, although with some sample variation.

06-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
Kerrick:

Very nicely done. Any thoughts on the 33-55mm? Many have expressed disappointment with that zoom. It seems that most of the old lenses perform quite well, although with some sample variation.
I'm quite curious too. It is my most used lens. But I have only used it with film. It is definitely not as sharp as my other 645 lenses but I have had great results with it anyway...
06-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Great write up and some amazing images ...... but you forgot one thing.

You wrote "I wanted to test the 645D in three iconic locations which I had worked for years with the 67, and compare by asking myself, which camera would I prefer to carry there in the future?"
What was the answer?
06-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I guess the 645D for convenience, but under ideal circumstances, the 67 cannot be written off yet?
06-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I'm quite curious too. It is my most used lens. But I have only used it with film. It is definitely not as sharp as my other 645 lenses but I have had great results with it anyway...
After testing a couple of samples of the 33-55 on the 645D...I felt the lens's performance was generally lacking for any serious use as a landscape lens. Performance in the zones just outside the central area were fairly poor. A couple of lens samples does not make a definitive sample size but a few other owners of this lens also confirmed this on their 645D. I am reminded though of a few other focal length FA 645 lenses I tested for my large scale testing of 645 FA lenses on the 645D (I haven't posted these results yet) and in two specific cases it took 3-5 samples of a given focal length lens till one could be deemed "good"...so maybe there are some good 33-55 lenses out there but I haven't come across one yet. Keep in mind my comments reflect examination of the resulting images at 100%...since my images are required for large and very large format printing.

Kerrick, very nice article and write up and eventually the bottom line is the imagery...something the 645D does extremely well in producing.

Dave
06-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Great report and pictures. Makes me miss mine all the more. Had to shoot with my 5d2 after mine went faulty. Waiting for Pentax to fix mine in Japan.
06-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DandA Quote
Keep in mind my comments reflect examination of the resulting images at 100%...since my images are required for large and very large format printing.
Dave, 100% viewing does still not reflect print viewing. Print viewing, like everything else in photography, is a relative problem, not an absolute one. Since viewing distance increases with print size, a print will basically always look the same at the standard viewing distance (equal to the diagonal of the print area).

PS I run a 44" printer and make art and museum prints.
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DandA Quote
After testing a couple of samples of the 33-55 on the 645D...I felt the lens's performance was generally lacking for any serious use as a landscape lens. Performance in the zones just outside the central area were fairly poor. A couple of lens samples does not make a definitive sample size but a few other owners of this lens also confirmed this on their 645D. I am reminded though of a few other focal length FA 645 lenses I tested for my large scale testing of 645 FA lenses on the 645D (I haven't posted these results yet) and in two specific cases it took 3-5 samples of a given focal length lens till one could be deemed "good"...so maybe there are some good 33-55 lenses out there but I haven't come across one yet. Keep in mind my comments reflect examination of the resulting images at 100%...since my images are required for large and very large format printing.
Dave
What aperture did you use? I rarely use the 33-55 at wider aperture than F:13 where I find that the sharpness is even cross the frame....