Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2011, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax 6x7 inside information required

I never had a look inside a working pentax 6x7, so I do not know how the shutter curtains should be positioned.

I do know that this is not how it should be :

cocked:

released:

So some information, would be helpfull.
(service manual maybe?)

George

06-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I suppose that both curtains should overlap when cocked, and that the shutter speed then will dedermine the gap between them when the shutter is released. One curtain starts traveling first, and the second comes right after, unless the shutter speed is slow enough for the whole frame being open a while before the second curtain closes.

You'll probably have to adjust the curtains tighter together. I have no idea of how to do that, though.

Edit: How does it look when fully open, using bulb and holding the release button?
06-20-2011, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
You'll probably have to adjust the curtains tighter together. I have no idea of how to do that, though.

Edit: How does it look when fully open, using bulb and holding the release button?

I managed to do that, I found a service manual link that was posted quite recently, after I searched for it last time.

Now finding a replacement curtain...
09-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #4

great , thanks for the link.

09-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #5

Thank you - good to have it (just in case)