Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #1

645-slr lens adapters?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

on ebay tonight i saw a adapter that lets you use 645 lenses on any k mount slr's,dslr's.do these work well,i have access to 645 lenses,(my uncle)price was $123.00 is that a good price?

07-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slr Quote
on ebay tonight i saw a adapter that lets you use 645 lenses on any k mount slr's,dslr's.do these work well,i have access to 645 lenses,(my uncle)price was $123.00 is that a good price?
If the adapter you saw was the genuine Pentax adapter, that's a very good price, but if it's a generic from China it's vastly overpriced. Here is a link for a generic adapter at less than half price: Pentax 645 P645 lens to Pentax adapter K110D Ist Ds DL2 | eBay I hope you are aware that the P645 lenses adapted to your Pentax DSLR can only be shot in the Av mode with stop down metering. But if you have ready access to some P645 lenses, this is an economical means to play with some excellent lenses (all will be pretty well excellent because you will be shooting through the centre of the lens, no need to worry about softness in the corners). I like shooting with P645 120/4.0 lens with the adapter, I have others but they have all been duplicated with 135 format lenses.

One thing to note about the generic mounts, is that sometimes the paint inside the mount may not be flat black and may cause some internal reflections (shows up as massive flare in your image). You might need to scuff up the inside of the adapter and spray some flat black paint.

Hope this helps,
07-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
slr

Original Poster
yes it is an original pentax adapter, it is not a generic, there is a photo, thanks for your input!