Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Newmoon Quote
Ffordes actually show it today on their website as 'just in'. It's listed at the very bottom of the Pentax 645 lens section because it's been code starting with DFA instead of 25mm.
That bit isn't accurate. I emailed them asking if they had it in, as I would have fancied spending a few days in the highlands and trying it out while I was there. They have ordered two from Pentax. 1 is on backorder for a customer and 1 for stock. They would hold it for me on 10% deposit being paid. At the moment I'm deciding whether to get it or get the 5d mkIII which would get me wider and give me a very good back up to the Pentax which is being a bit temperamental. My Drive button stopped working today so I cant't change the shooting menu from single to burst or more importantly to timer or remote. The button does nothing now

03-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #32
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
That's not at all good with the drive button, what a pain. How are you planning on getting that sorted?
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Newmoon Quote
That's not at all good with the drive button, what a pain. How are you planning on getting that sorted?
Not sure. Last time it went off for repair it took nearly 6 weeks. Mind you that time it went to Japan. The shop I bought the 120 macro and 400mm from told me that it would be much quicker in future to deal with Pentax in Hamburg.
03-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
So this is the second problem, that's really bad luck. Are you putting tens of thousands of shutter activations through it? Have you heard of other people finding having reliability problems?