Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Where I can get 35mm colour film developed will do 120 as well. For Black and white film it is no harder to do 120 (or 4X5) than 35mm. 12 shots a roll is no problem as I do not use MF to shoot wildlife or sports although I used to know someone who did shoot birds of prey with MF.

It is relaxing to use a fully manual camera, I love the waist level finder, and it is faster and easier as well as less expensive than 4X5, 5X7 or whole plate. My photography is as much about enjoying myself as it is getting images that I want and therefore I select the equipment that will allow me to do so, some times it is MF and some times digital and occassionally 35,, film. MF is currently my favourite format although this weekend we are going on a LF almost only trip (digital for other reasons)

As far as being standard, all through the era of film there were more than one format even if one was dominate, so during 35mm heyday it went against 120,620,127,126,110 and disk as well as Polaroid.

09-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I started film (35mm) "upgraded" to digital (K10) then went up to K7....back to 35mm and stuck with my P 645. The reason: quality, detail and all the lenses and gear are high end stuff.
I still use my digital gear because of cost and convenience but when I want something special I take my MF out.

Note: I have 2 kids (9 &10) they are quite familiar with my cameras, when I bought the 645 they told me it was ugly and old, when they heard the shutter they just stopped and walk back to me and said...."Dad..thatīs a beautiful camera!"
09-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In addition to many of the above comments, I love it when once in a while someone says, "holy crap, is that an SLR" when they see the 6x7. I have been known to pull out the auto 110 and go, so is this.