Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #1

Wireless trigger for 67 off-camera flash set up?

Hello all,

I use a Vivitar 285 off camera with my Pentax 67ii, and sync up via cable. This works, but can be somewhat clumsy. I would like to move up to a wireless trigger system that will allow me to work untethered.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction in terms of specific models and any supplemental equipment needed to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ellen Rutchick

09-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

There several systems out there. I can only speak of what I got since it is my first and only wireless sytem. I have the Paul Buff Cybersync wireless system. He offers a more expensive Cyber Commander that is loaded with features for controlling things like his strobe's power levels with graphs, saving profiles of flash setups and more. And it even has a flash meter built in.

But he also has a simple, less expensive, transmitter that you could connect to the camera to fire off the receivers. All I can say is it works just fine, don't know how it rates to other systems and only used it on Alien Bee strobes but don't see why it wouldn't work on that Vivitar off hand.

Last edited by tuco; 09-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.
09-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
There several systems out there. I can only speak of what I got since it is my first and only wireless sytem. I have the Paul Buff Cybersync wireless system. He offers a more expensive Cyber Commander that is loaded with features for controlling things like his strobe's power levels with graphs, saving profiles of flash setups and more. And it even has a flash meter built in.

But he also has a simple, less expensive, transmitter that you could connect to the camera to fire off the receivers. All I can say is it works just fine, don't know how it rates to other systems and only used it on Alien Bee strobes but don't see why it wouldn't work on that Vivitar off hand.
Hi Tuco,

I just check out their website and it looks like I'll be able to get what I need. Thanks for the quick input!

Ellen
09-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #4

Ihave some cheap Cactus Triggers from China and they work quite well - maybe meanwhile there are better things available