Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #1

Resin Lee Filters – experiences on 67

Does anyone have experience with Resin Lee Filters (ND grad) on the 67? How do they perform? Are they any good?

09-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
D W
Veteran Member

They are good filters and demand a premium price.
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Lee GND filters are excellent however like most resin filters they are prone to scratches - so getting a filter pouch to store them will be a priority. The ND filters and polarisers from Lee are made of float glass - they tend to be heavy but the upshot of this is that with correct storage and handling they can easily last for a lifetime. For certain lenses - wide angles in particular, using circular screw-in filters is a real pain - filter holder systems like the Lee allow you to work quicker. The GND Filters from Lee have a weak cyan colour cast - unlike the Cokin which from my experience tend to shift colours into the magenta end of the scale. Singh-ray are said to be good filter makers - especially their Z-pro line however I'm a bit hesitant to recommend them due to the fact that I got a polariser from them once that completely trashed the image quality from my FA limited lenses.

Last edited by Digitalis; 10-02-2011 at 05:02 PM.
10-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #4

I'm in the process of ordering HiTech filters as a cheaper alternative to Lee, seems like the HiTech are good value for the money. I already have the Lee RF75 system and the best thing I can say about them is I can't tell from my pictures that I'm using any filters.