Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Contrary to what I planned. My beautiful A 55mm f/2.8 is now in the hands of my very respected forum member Nesster's. Too bad, he got problems with low batteries in the first outing with his 645. I will surely miss the A 55mm in my next outing with my 645N.

It is a funny thing when I let go a lens and there is a moment of pause of thinking about the future re-union. Life IS such a mess when I have love in both film and digital and I fail to let go on either one of them.

It is either sad or a blessing in disguise that I can't find a new owner for my 120 macro. I may as well keep my 120mm macro. It has the BEST macro focusing lens that I have used in terms of ease of focusing. It is heavier than I will like for hand-holding but the true macro need a tripod or the like for critical sharpness, precision and accuracy. I am not a macro guy but I know how good the focus throw and ease of precision when I tried it out last week on a Kodak Ektar 100 but it is too bad I don't yet have the film developed from Dwayne's Photo. One of these days, I get so fed up with outsourcing that I will demand my family to let me have chemicals for development myself. I suspect the lens is worth every penny to expend with a Pentax 645 to K adapter to share it on a K-mount bodies. But I am afraid of green button operation as it is what kill my K20D last Sunday.

And my misery grows in gear selling to raise fund for my digital upgrade to K5, I lost my K20D right before Halloween. Damn the digital gear which fails me so easily. It was my 2nd Pentax digital bodies that died in my hands in the last 12 months. My k20D is now on its route to Pentax service and I have to relieve my repair experience with CRIS. The painful experience hold me up in digital frenzy. I am lost why things break so easily with the latest electronics.

Instead of digital upgrade, I may be reversing the trend and use the money saved to invest on a better scanner such as Epson v700/750 and better software for my film usage.

All the best to you who still enjoy films. I admire at you all.

Warmest from a confused Hin

Last edited by hinman; 11-05-2011 at 11:42 AM.
11-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
Site Supporter

You use the lenses and actually state preferences. Why do you need input?
Ask yourself why did I buy this lens, how often do I use it, do I really need it?