Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

Blinking "0" on 645N

I just received a 645N and everything seems to work fine. however when I load film and hit the shutter release to advance to the first frame I just get the ISO indicator and a blinking "0" where the frame count is.

I've read the manual and nothing in there explains this. If the film was loaded wrong there is another indicator. Also the shutter fires fine with that back unloaded with film.

Any thoughts?

thanks

jay

10-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #2

Original Poster
figured it out....switch was flipped for a double exposure so would not advance the film....
10-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had the same problem with the first 645n I bought. You could try removing and reinstalling the AA cells. I tried that without success.

Take/send it back and get another; it is a fault in the camera's electronics and has nothing to do with your dry firing it.

You will enjoy using it when you get one that works!
10-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Glad to see it worked out. The manual is nothing wonderful, but the camera is.

02-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #5

sorry to bring back an old thread. I just got a new to me 645n that looks almost unused. when I load the film in the cassette I get the blinking 0 when i press the shutter and try to advance the film. The camera dry fires fine with an empty cassette in it. if i fire with no cassette it seems that the wheel that is supposed to advance the film shakes but does not move forward like you would think to advance the film.

anyway I just want to confirm a blinking 0 means the camera has a defect so i can send it back and ask for another.

thanks
john

---------- Post added 02-14-14 at 12:07 PM ----------

never mind. figured it out
02-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

LOL! This thread is hilarious!