Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax 645 with Hasselblad lenses

Hi,

Does anyone have this set up? Pentax 645 body with Hasselblad lenses via an adapter ring? My doubts are in the focus. Can i use hyperfocal focus on the lens like i would normally? Are the scale reads on the lenses true, or i have to adjust anything? If yes, what do i have to adjust?

Or more simple, using an 50mm hasselblad lense on the pentax 645,if i choose F/22 and i choose the hyperfocal, the reading on the lense says that i would get everything in focus between 1,2 meters and infinity. Is this true using an Pentax 645 with adapter?

Thank you very much

10-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The distance scale should be fine. The DoF scales should be close enough. You don't need to make adjustments as the adapter need to keep the lens at the correct distance.
10-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there even a hassy to 645 adaptor? the f22 thing would be wise to avoid where possible on any lens from any brand. diffraction will make it softer so the f 11 shot while not having as great a DOF will be far sharper

If there is an adaptor it will work without optics from the registration distance. If it's for the 645D there is a CiF option I believe

Hasselblad/Kiev88 multi start thread 82.1
Hasselblad 500/2000 bayonet 74.9

Pentax 645 bayonet 70.87

I don't know that there are any great deals to be had on Hassy lenses versus Pentax though which would be one of the reasons for doing it. IQ is excellent on most of the Pentax lenses in this system. Of course if you already have the Hassy lenses and don't mind working fully manual i'm pretty certain the VF is more than large enough on any of the 645 models to be able to focus well.
12-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

why would you want a hasse lens at the prices they are going for?a used one will go for $2k.

12-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Is there even a hassy to 645 adaptor?
Yes, Fotodiox makes one. I have their "Pro" version and it's very well made. I got it from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Fotodiox Pro Adapter, Hasselblad Lens to Pentax 645 Adapter -- fits Pentax 645N, Pentax 645, Pentax 645D, D645: Camera & Photo

Prices of many used medium format lenses (and bodies) seem to have been rising over the past year, but some of the older Hasselblad Zeiss lenses can still be had at very reasonable prices. A friend of mine recently bought a Hasselblad CF 120mm Makro Planar in EX condition from KEH for $700. That is an incredibly sharp lens!

In my case, I have a nice collection of the newer Hasselblad CFE and CFi lenses, so I wanted to try them on my Pentax 645NII (I love the focus confirmation feature on the P645).

While many of the P645 lenses are very good, it's hard to beat the Zeiss glass.....and in any case, it's nice to have the option. My favorite however, is using Pentax 67 glass on the P645 and the Pentax adapter for P67 to P645 is excellent (if you can find one).

Gary
12-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bull drinkwater Quote
why would you want a hasse lens at the prices they are going for?a used one will go for $2k.
Well, I guess I really got a deal on my CF T* lenses then. Some of the CFi lenses are pretty pricey for used gear though. Also, many folks apparently like the image rendering of these lenses as apposed to sharpness being the criteria.
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bull drinkwater Quote
Actaully paid less than that total for 3 lenses, 3 extension tubes, 5 magazines and a reconditioned body. And all except for 4 backs they all were bought separatedly.

I believe there is even a Hasselblad to K mount adapter.

Other than either having both systems I see no advantage of the conversion unless you have access to a 'blad lens that is not available to the 645 system.

12-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
Site Supporter

180mm CF on 645D

Hello,

I am new here but can report that I use a Hassy 180mm CF Sonnar on my 645D with the (Fotodiox) adapter bought on Amazon. It is well made and works perfectly.

I do mostly landscape and can report that if focus is off it's my bad eyesight only that causes it.

Cheers

Hugo