Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 573
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
About the lenses.
In an interview Pentax said that the wide angle lenses will be the first ones to be replaced.
With a digital sensor the lights need to hit the sensor at an as straight possible angle to increase the image quality and since the angle is already quite straight with the longer lenses they are given a lower priority.
They released a 25mm. The next new lens is a medium telephoto. All of the current wide angles are reverse-telephoto design--they have to be because of the mirror box. So the current wides are already OK. I certainly don't see any lens cast with my A 35mm.

12-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
They released a 25mm. The next new lens is a medium telephoto. All of the current wide angles are reverse-telephoto design--they have to be because of the mirror box. So the current wides are already OK. I certainly don't see any lens cast with my A 35mm.
I think the next lens would be a portraitlens. No idea but 105mm/f2.4 sounds as a great idea (or there about).

For 2013 and 2014 there are two zooms to be expected.
12-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 573
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think the next lens would be a portraitlens. No idea but 105mm/f2.4 sounds as a great idea (or there about).
I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago and saw the mockup. I think it will be longer than 105mm--it is quite large. But you can't tell the optics from the barrel--it might even be a new macro lens at about 100mm.
12-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago and saw the mockup. I think it will be longer than 105mm--it is quite large. But you can't tell the optics from the barrel--it might even be a new macro lens at about 100mm.
Was there even glass in the mock-up or is it just a plastic cupholder?

12-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 573
Just a barrel with carefully placed tape where any reference to focal length or aperture might appear. But it is a well made barrel and so they have the molds for a real lens.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, camera, lens, medium format, mf
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using older digital cameras stevbike General Talk 17 07-08-2011 08:00 AM
Digital Back For Film Cameras nanhi Pentax Film SLR Discussion 33 07-19-2010 12:55 PM
3D Stereoscopic Digital Cameras MrPetkus Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 2 05-28-2010 05:49 AM
digital cameras with old flashes cyberjunkie Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 03-06-2010 12:26 AM
why are there no digital backs for 35mm cameras? Egg Salad General Talk 56 02-05-2010 05:40 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top