Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax 645NII Film Advancing Problems

Hi,

Does anyone had or has problems with the electronic film advance of the Pentax 645NII ?

Today i made 3 pictures with no apparent problem. I was using mirrorlock up mode and when i first depressed the cable release, the mirror went up, but when i depressed the second time to take the "real" picture...nothing happens! The shutter didn't release and of course i didn't hear the advancing of the film. After trying some issues (gettin off; change the mirrorlok up position...) nothing happened. When i turned the camera 180 to take batteries off...then sudenlly the film advanced! I went for a 5 shot using the mirrorlock up and it did the same problem. Only when i turned the camera 180 i heard the the shot and respective film advanccane. The 6 shot i used the single mode and when i depressed i heard (what appeared to me) the photo been taken, but the film didn't avanced...I turned again the camera 180 and heard the film advancing!
The batteries are new (only made 1 roll with them)

Does anyone had any similar experience? What's the problem?

Thank you in advance

11-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
You didn't say if you checked the battery holder for corrosion or dirt.... just suggesting. Inspect and buff clean all contact on the holder and the inside of the camera... just sounds like something is not giving proper contact.