Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #16

do you know if i can send it directly to japan, to save some time...

11-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #17
Forum Member

Don't send it back to Pentax! Just do a simple pixel mapping after you took a shot at ISO 1600 in a dark environment.
It is important that you first take a sample shot for the camera, so that it can detect the line streak. Then run the pixel mapping and it will remove the line completly.
It worked for me and some other guys I talked too also.

I already wrote this in another thread:
"Here are some good news for all Pentax 645D users. If you have problems with red or green lines on your pictures don't (!) send your camera in for a repair. Just do a simple pixel mapping (menu 4 in the third settings column) and your problem will be solved.

Here is how it is done:

First take a shot of a dark area at ISO 1600. Then do the pixel mapping right after it.
Take another shot of the same area at the same settings. Now compare the first shot with your second one. You shouldn't see any lines anymore."
11-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #18

could you please describe the procedure, cause i've done mapping, nothing happened. so 1600ISO shot in complete dark i.e with cap on or, night shot, or....and then immediately mapping...i assume it should be some long exposure as well, what about NR, on or off? pls advise. much obliged
11-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #19
Forum Member

I took a shot from a darker area (the picture doesn't have to be completly dark), like in your testshot, so that you can see the line clearly. You can also check on the camera display if the line is visible after you took the shot. No long exposure is necessary, as the line should be visible on every shot. Then run the pixel mapping right afterwards. Your problem should be solved. I got a message from another member, who did the test multiple times and the line dissappeared after the third time. Maybe just take several shots and always run the pixel mapping afterwards if it doesn't work with the first one.
In my case I could solve the problem with the first pixel mapping I did.