Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #1

Best places to buy 6x7 online?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first Pentax 67. I'm not sure where the best place to buy one online is. I know there's always Ebay, but are there other websites I should be checking?

What do people think of keh.com? Looks reputable but the shipping is kind of a bit much. Any suggestions would be a huge help!

Thanks for your help!

11-15-2011, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You could post a Wanted ad here. They do come up from time to time in the marketplace also.
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup I would recommend the marketplace as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

+1 with the 2 earlier post.

Place a Wanted in the PF Market place. It works.

11-15-2011, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would also suggest KEH.com as a source. They have a good selection of bodies/lenses/accessories. I believe their prices are fair as well.
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pents&Pits Quote
Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first Pentax 67. I'm not sure where the best place to buy one online is. I know there's always Ebay, but are there other websites I should be checking?

What do people think of keh.com? Looks reputable but the shipping is kind of a bit much. Any suggestions would be a huge help!

Thanks for your help!
You might want to drop me a PM. I have a 6x7 and nine or so lenses, plus bellows and a couple of finders languishing at the moment.
11-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I would also suggest KEH.com as a source. They have a good selection of bodies/lenses/accessories. I believe their prices are fair as well.
I'll just say this from experience: KEH can be very vague with communication; recent experience has not endeared them to me, but of course I've known many people who have had dealings with KEH, and no problems at all. But apparently this is not unviersal. They came across as very vague, imprecise and uncertain in description of problems with one of the three 67 bodies I expressed an interest in — I got the feeling they didn't want to go into detail. As it took a few days to get any response from them, but that time I had moved onto eBay and found La Camera Stupenda (one of seven checked out). Sorted!

11-23-2011, 03:57 AM   #8
Giveaway winner!

To follow up from Silent Street, it does seems KEH is not always sure about what they are selling. One time I got a 67 to K adapter and it was advertised as BGN and was mint when arrived; another time I paid what felt a little high of a price for a 40mm marked EX+ and it had a dent missed by the person grading and it made the focus almost impossible to use. Also, here and at the flickr where a few new owners of 6x7s with problems with spacing and other film transport issues from a EX+ body.
11-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I mostly buy accessories from KEH for that reason. I have asked for photos of lenses they have for sale, but they won’t send you pictures of the actual item. All they can give you is the s/n and grade.

For purchasing gear I use a mixture of eBay and bricks & mortar camera stores. I had the best luck with the latter, which includes local camera stores. The camera stores don’t use eBay, so you have to go to their own web site. (Google the item you are looking for)

I ended up getting my 67 & ttl prism from a store in Calgary and two lenses from a store in Toronto. All were boxed with manuals and warranty cards. I also found a EX+ 67 100/4 macro at a local camera store for $500CDN! (Including the hood and life size attachment)

Phil.

Last edited by gofour3; 11-23-2011 at 08:45 AM.