Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Eyecup for Pentax 67

Try as I have, there doesn't seem to be any reliable supplier (not on FleaBay...) of a decent round rubber eyecup for the Pentax 67. I have to wear glasses to focus and would like this to prevent 'clacking' against the knurled fascia. Do any of you have information about a reputable supplier of eyecups, or is it, nowadays, a matter of 'roll-your-own' with whatever you can get, modified to suit? Thanks. Garyh

11-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
It was a pain for me as well. I stitched one out of thin leather finally and I think it is better than the rubber OEM. I've heard somewhere that an old Nikon slr one may fit?
11-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
^ Hmmm? That's interesting. Very interesting. Plenty of Nikon eyecups about. So Nikons have that screw-on fascia too? Might be worth having a perve at some when I get to Sin City on Friday.
11-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Try as I have, there doesn't seem to be any reliable supplier (not on FleaBay...) of a decent round rubber eyecup for the Pentax 67. I have to wear glasses to focus and would like this to prevent 'clacking' against the knurled fascia. Do any of you have information about a reputable supplier of eyecups, or is it, nowadays, a matter of 'roll-your-own' with whatever you can get, modified to suit? Thanks. Garyh
KEH has them, will cost you $33.00USD though.

Pentax 6x7 EYECUP - KEH.com

Phil.

11-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah, actually it would cost USD$92.95 for the eyecup posted USA -> Australia. You see, KEH, in cahoots with FedEx, would charge $59.00 on top of $33.00.
<groan> I'll keep searching...
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Ah, actually it would cost USD$92.95 for the eyecup posted USA -> Australia. You see, KEH, in cahoots with FedEx, would charge $59.00 on top of $33.00.
<groan> I'll keep searching...
Yes their shipping to Canada is also very expensive. I now have my KEH stuff sent across the boarder to Washington State and pick it up there. Shipping is usually about 1/5 the price and takes half the time!! (No FedEx fees/duties as well.)

Phil.