Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Focus adjustments on 645D

Hello,
This is my first posted question, so my appologies if it's been answered elsewhere. I am waiting for my 645D to arrive so I haven't been able to read a manual for it yet. I've read about Canon/Nikon bodies that can adjust for back focusing using a lens callibration system like Datacolor DC SLC100.

Does the 645D have this ability?

I'd also like to know what you are using for bags to carry the 645 and at least 3 lenses.

Thanks

12-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it does; see here for instructions:

Fixing Front and Back Focus - The Remedy

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I have an old LowePro Mini Trekker with all of the dividers thrown out. I put the lenses (35mm, 120mm, and 300mm) in Think Tank Lens Changers and attached to their thin belt with on extra Lens Changer bag for the 55mm which is usually mounted on the body. I have a Goretex stuff sack for the camera and I throw the whole lot into the LowePro. When I work, I put on the belt with the lenses and the camera around my neck with an empty LowePro on my back.
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Yamanobori, I have some bad ballance problems, so a backpack centered on my back is certainly better than a heavy shoulder bag throwign my wieght off to one side. Plus I'll be able to use a monopod/walking stick without the shoulder bag getting in the way.

12-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Frank, I also like the Think Tank modular system because the weight is shifted to my hips and it is easier to move and balance and it is not so hard on your back. The pouches themselves use thinner padding which keeps down their volume and they have a rain cover that keeps out rain and dust.