Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Slide Mounts Disappearing?

My long time source of 6x7, 645 and 6x6 slide mounts is telling me that I'm nearly his only customer. Is no one mounting their slides anymore? I use Image Innovations (slidescribe.com) and I sure would like to see them keep selling mounts. They are one of the better photo accessory companies in the US.

12-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there aren't many alternates out there ( I rarely mount MF I scan it and store now)

Gepe has Glass mounts available in a few spots (BH and Adorama in addition to GEPE themselves)

GEPE - Slide Mounts
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter

None of my local film processing labs will mount MF slides for you. I asked and they do not have or can not order the mounts. 35mm is no issue of course.

Phil.
12-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

They will keep longer in archival quality viewing sleeves and a lot easier to scan like that too (no cropping caused by the mount).
There is a place in the US... name escapes me at the moment; I have bought archival card masks from them years back... They sell card masks (Black Mask transparency files by ClearFile). These are an excellent alternative for mounting individual frames.