Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #1

Any hope for an entirely dead 645Nii?

I've just bought a 645Nii, used. It has worked (I am sure) in the recent past, but when it arrived it was completely dead: no sign of power at all, with new batteries (2 sets). I've checked everything I can easily think of: there's ~9V across the contacts of the battery pack, the contacts on the battery pack look clean, the contacts inside the grip look clean. I have a film insert and a lens, and it makes no difference if they are attached of not. Nothing rattles.

Is there any common thing that causes this? Relatedly, is there any hope that the official Pentax repair people (in the UK) can still repair these?

Thanks

--tim

01-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Did you put film in it? The 645 review indicated that no film no sign of life. I don't have any practical experience with either type . . .
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
tfb

Original Poster
I'd not tried that, but I have now with a scrap expired film, and it still doesn't work (the 645Nii manual implies it should work without film as well, since they say to try it without film first). Thanks though.
06-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's a long time ago, I hope you resolved it.

I would just like to share an address I found for the 645N in the UK, as one of my bodies needed a diopter repair, since many photographic repairers do not deal with the 645N and I had been searching for quite a while.
However, Miles H. Whitehead (MWCameraRepairs) from MWcamerarepairs did an excellent job, and I recommend him to anyone in the UK. Good to have an address for the P645(N).