Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Probably silly question but...

....how do I remove the litttle strap-holders from the camera lugs?

There doesn't seem to be any lever, or other device and they really don't come up off the lugs at all?

Am I missing some "trick"...?

Thanks,

01-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Do you mean the little leather thingies on the K-5?

I nearly lost both - they just come off. Turn the metal bits through them.

Or do you mean the metal bits? They come off the same way your key comes off your keyring.

I am probably missing the question here...
01-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
6x7

I am referencing the 6x7 in this section.

The 6x7 camera has small metal lugs. The stap has push-on metal devices that go over the lugs easily enough...BUT, how do I get them off the lugs?

01-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Depending on the strap you have, there could be a little metal tab that sits between the camera and the plastic knob on the strap. The tab can be pulled up and this allows the strap to be pulled off the circular tab. It works somewhat like a guillotine - a larger opening allows you to slip the strap clasp over the circular tab on the camera, push the tab down and a smaller cirlcle slide over the small collar of the camera tab, thus securing it. To remove, reverse the process and lift the metal tab on the strap.

01-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andy21 Quote
I am referencing the 6x7 in this section.

The 6x7 camera has small metal lugs. The stap has push-on metal devices that go over the lugs easily enough...BUT, how do I get them off the lugs?

Oops. Turned out it was the stupid answer, rather than the stupid question...