Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
I have their 645 to K adapter. It also mounts the lens slightly rotated. This has never bothered me, because I don't have any lenses with non-rotating feet.

What has bothered me with it was internal reflections. It really needed to be flocked. After doing that it was fine. (Originally I used a piece of black sock, later I bought flocking material on ebay. Performance was fine with the sock too.)
Thanks for the input.

10-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Moved up to genuine Pentax adapter

Hey, guys-

My search for a workable solution to the 400mm f4 6x7-to-K Mount setup continues.

I purchased a used-but-like-new genuine Pentax adapter from KEH. Does anyone know what the function of the little threaded knob on the side of the adapter? Looking inside, the knob location seems totally blank.

What could its function be?

Sig

Last edited by Sigmoid; 10-12-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
10-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sigmoid Quote
Hey, guys-

My search for a workable solution to the 400mm f4 6x7-to-K Mount setup continues.

I purchased a used-but-like-new genuine Pentax adapter from KEH. Does anyone know what the function of the little threaded knob on the side of the adapter? Looking inside, the knob location seems totally blank.

What could its function be?

Sig
When used with 67 lenses with a built-in tripod mount, this adapter allows the camera to change its position vertically or horizontally while the lens remains on the tripod.
10-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nightfly Quote
When used with 67 lenses with a built-in tripod mount, this adapter allows the camera to change its position vertically or horizontally while the lens remains on the tripod.
Thanks for the information!

Yes, I see! I finally got enough hardware pulled together to mount it on my HD Feisol tripod and discovered how it works.
Unfortunately, the large diameter of the focus ring makes it really challenging to make the lens fit on my new Wimberly-knockoff gimbal head so I'll have to address that issue next.

Sig

10-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #35
Site Supporter

External Bayonet Question

I recently acquired the 6x7 Bellows. It uses the external bayonet to attach to the camera. This is my first piece of equipment that uses the external bayonet.

I have a cheap 6x7->K adapter but it only uses the internal bayonet.

I bought a better quality 6x7->K adapter from KEH that has flanges for external bayonet but its locking mechanism doesn't work with the bellows, so my K-mount camera ends up rotating freely when mounted to the bellows. Not a good idea.

The bellows seem to need the locking mechanism where the locking pin protrudes through the mount, just like the camera body does. However, the second 6x7->K adapter I bought seems to release via a little button on the side of the barrel, like the auto extension tubes (for inner bayonet) do. Ironically, the first 6x7->K adapter I bought does have the locking pin, but lacks the external flanges.

Does anyone know of a 6x7->K adapter that has both the external flanges and the locking pin that works like the camera body does?

Thanks,
Sterling