Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

6x7 to Pentax k-mount adapter?

Looking for an adapter to attach a Pentax 6x7 (165mm) lens to Pentax DSLR. I think I saw it here somewhere but now can't find it. I will post this in K5 also.

01-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here it is:
Available for purchase here: Pentax 67 Lens to Pentax 35mm K-Mount Body Adapter 37954 B&H
Pentax Adapter K for 6x7 Lens Reviews - Pentax 67 Teleconverters and Adapters - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Please don't post the same question in multiple places.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Talk about using the sweet spot of a lense......... i would love to see that tested on the K5 !!!!!!!!!!
01-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Den
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam and sorry about that double posting.
Another question.
Does anyone make diopters for the 6x7 other than going to an optician?

01-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian

There are offshore options which can be had for less than 1/4 of the price of the Pentax offering: Pentax 67 lens to Pentax PK adapter K100D K200D K-r | eBay
01-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
Banned

Here is my 165mm 67 lens on my K-7 with Pentax 67-K adapter:
01-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian

KEH.com has them for under $100.00 genuine pentax. I gave mine a workout today!! Pics to come!

These photos (below) are with the 6X7 takumar 400mm f4 + 6X7 to K mount adapter + A 2x-L converter + K-7 Body. Relatively inexpensive setup and not bad photos.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/171346-nature-raptor-vil...els-eagle.html

Last edited by littledrawe; 01-10-2012 at 05:00 PM.
01-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Just wondering if you are expecting some kind magic to happen because you are using medium format lenses on sub 135 format camera?

01-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Just wondering if you are expecting some kind magic to happen because you are using medium format lenses on sub 135 format camera?
Yes, of course! I was expecting the birth of a fabled Pentax Pixie from my venerable P67 SMC 300/4.0 but alas, I fear this old gal is beyond the age of giving birth to anything anymore...
01-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Yes, of course! I was expecting the birth of a fabled Pentax Pixie from my venerable P67 SMC 300/4.0 but alas, I fear this old gal is beyond the age of giving birth to anything anymore...
Just checking. The adapter is a great way to utilize your existing gear. But sometimes people think it's going to be a longer focal length when mounted on a smaller format than the same focal length in 135 format.
01-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Just checking. The adapter is a great way to utilize your existing gear. But sometimes people think it's going to be a longer focal length when mounted on a smaller format than the same focal length in 135 format.
That's what I had in mind when I picked up the P67 SMC Takumar 300/4.0, I don't have a P67 camera yet but I do have Pentax 645 with the genuine P67 to P645 adapter to use the lens with. I am slowly working my way back to film (jury is still out whether I should get a P67 or not).

An unrelated question, inside one of my 120 film holder, there is a roll of unexposed film. If I rewind the film, are there any identification marks on the paper film leader? I haven't shot any 120 format in such a long time, I have no idea what might or might not be on the paper leader.
01-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
An unrelated question, inside one of my 120 film holder, there is a roll of unexposed film. If I rewind the film, are there any identification marks on the paper film leader? I haven't shot any 120 format in such a long time, I have no idea what might or might not be on the paper leader.
No marks of concern. It is just a paper backing that is tapped to the film on one end of the roll.

Last edited by tuco; 01-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
Pentaxian

No marks of concern. It is just a paper backing that is tapped to the film on the last frame end of the roll.
That's what I thought, I guess I'll shoot it as ISO 100 and develop it as B&W film. Always handy to have a blank roll to practice winding film on to developing reels with. Thanks tuco.
05-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Interesting... I've got this 645 to pk adapter that I inherited and that I never used. I asumed there would be no advantage in using larger format lenses on my K5. But that is only an assumption. Are there any advantages?
05-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Overall, unless you happen to have the larger format lenses anyway and want to use them to save cost, probably not. Admittedly you would be using the centre of a larger image circle, which does have some benefits of course (avoiding the issues lenses have in the corners of the frame) but the fact is that larger format lenses are not necessarily higher resolution per unit area covered than a lens natively made for the smaller format, and often actually lower resolution per unit area covered. The very best ones are perhaps as good per unit area as a lens made for a smaller format, but no better, and most are not even that good. It is hard to make a lens that covers a large area and simultaneously has high unit resolution across that large frame. The fact they are intented to be used with a larger area of film or sensor compensates for this issue and you can get better results in the final result purely because you are using most of that large image cirlce with a nice large area of film or sensor. However, you lose this advantage by using it on a smaller format via an adaptor.

So, in short, you are probably better off using a lens built for the format you are using unless you happen to have the larger format lenses already or are looking for the 'character / personality' achieved by a specific larger format lens (some people like the feel of specific lenses).

You certainly are not getting any extra reach this way. A 400mm lens is a 400mm lens, regardless of how large its image circle is.