Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #1

Pentax 67II. Frame spacing problem. :(

Hi, All!
Just got my new camera toy - Pentax 67II.
After developing the first 120 film i realized that there are problem with film winder. Frame spacing become wider and wider at every next shoot. So i can shoot 8 frames only (or less) on 120 roll film.
Please, help me with this problem!

P.s. I found a thread about the same issue https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-medium-format-645-6x7-645d/108374-...ing-issue.html
but solution not found.

01-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #2

HI, reading that thread and assuming the spacing detection system is electronic, it might be the encoder non counting well all the pulses, which may mean that either the sensor is dirty and therefore captures less pulses, or the mechanical devices that brings motion to the encoder is slipping ( I am just guessing I actually don't know how the P67II film transport mechanism is made like).
Or more probably it could be the clutch not working at all (this would explain why the problem worsen towards the end when the spool gets bigger)
I believe a trip to the repair shop is your best bet, hoping it is close to the area you live in.

Hope it helps. ciao
01-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks a lot, Desert!
Think you're right. I have the same opinion about the encoder sensor.
Unfortunately, repair shop is far away from my city. moreover it`s placed in another country
So now i`m waiting for the P67II service manual and try to find solution by myself.
By the way, it`s a quite frequent problem.

Anyway I will try to keep up to date as is the case!
truly yours, hijaq
01-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, i have had this problem on one of my 67ll. In my case , i found that the cost of repair and shipping was greater than the cost of losing two frames per roll , as i was shooting landscapes several times a year with the camera. So i saved money by not repairing it.