Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Focusing screen Pentax 67 and Pentax 67II

I just got a split field sceen off ebay for my Pentax 67II. It's very nice - not a Beattie, I suspect, but it's still very nice, perhaps an original Pentax screen. I had to mount it in the black screen-frame, that came with the camera. But I would prefere to have it mounted in it's own frame. A screen in a frame can be exchanged very easily, without using any tools - just clip it in.
My question is: Where can I buy such frames? Also even frames with a screen already mounted?

Regards
Jens, Denmark

01-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I don't think the frame was a separate item. The screen and frame came together on the OEM screens. Your best bet finding someone who used a 67II screen in their 67/6x7 and now have a spare frame because you have to omit that on those cameras. The BJ-61 would be an OEM 67II screen with grid and horizontal split focus and the BB-61 just plain horizontal split focus.

Note the 67II also had some brighter screens for telephoto but issues the following warning:
"...care must be taken as the brightness of the screen may affect the exposure."

Last edited by tuco; 01-21-2012 at 05:29 PM.
01-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Beattie screens also influence exposures. Early experience (1995) with one of these on my EOS1N was disastrous. The screen was tossed out decades ago.